Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm a new CHr driver and love it but I'm not sure I'm driving it as efficiently as I should. I've never had a hybrid so I suspect there's knack to it? I don't think I'm getting the mpg I should. I put £20 in and that did about 100 miles. Should it be more? Any advice?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Over the course of 12 months, mine averages 66 mpg (Using the on board gauge, but I don't know how accurate it is, I've never tested it) Currently I am getting 70mpg, but it's warm weather. It drops to 54 or thereabouts in the colder parts of the year. I'm doing 19/20 miles a day for five days a week and rarely using at weekend and it's costing £20 a fortnight. I'm not heavy footed on the accelerator and don't hammer it. I'm on a 1.8 automatic. Simple little things like not keeping your foot down all the time, letting it coast down hills, (As opposed to having it drive downhill with your foot down) to build up charge in the driving batteries, as long as you're sticking to the speed limit you don't necessarily need a heavy foot on the accelerator.
What did you get? Auto or manual? What colur?

·
Registered
6 Posts
When you switch off you will see the average mpg that you've used. It should be over 50 in normal use. Make sure that your gear is in D. If you're mistakenly in B you won't get the benefit of EV.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you have your climate control on, heated seats, lights and the like, it will reduce your mpg.
Turn off climate control if you don't need it - it does make a difference, especially in the colder months.

·
Registered
277 Posts
kirstywurst said:
I'm only averaging 58 ooh… not sure what I'm doing wrong….
58 means 4.8l/100km. According to Google for British gallon.
(Can't say how much I hate we have different measurements for the same shit!)
That's not bad my all means! You're not doing anything wrong!
You can always drive slower, you can turn off climate control. Lorries will have to take over and that's arguably worst for the environment. And your car will be foggy because nothing will take the humidity out of the habitat.

Just my 2c. But don't quote me, I'm seldom doing 5l/100km with my CHR.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The key is to try to keep the green EV light on the dashboard then it's in electric mode I ease off on the motorway at 70 mph and it comes on

·
Registered
145 Posts
Countryside said:
The key is to try to keep the green EV light on the dashboard then it's in electric mode I ease off on the motorway at 70 mph and it comes on
I think that is the key, easing off when you get to "cruising speed". With the "fuel shortage panic" going on at the moment, I was extra careful today on the A406 and A13 (especially where the off ramps were backed up with panic buyers queuing up! I kept trying to get the EV light to come on as much as possible. Got 70mpg.)

Also, go into your MyT app and review your driving habits. It makes you more aware of "good" vs "bad" driving, according to the how the car likes to perform. It will tell you when you were too heavy on the pedal and when you drove well too. You do end up driving very chilled, so make sure you leave in plenty of time to get anywhere!

·
Registered
43 Posts
How do I set up My T to show my driving habits when I log into it I am shown very little information apart from service details and the ability to send a sat nav destination

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great figures!

What country are you in if I may ask? How come the results aren't in metric, and the speedo in metric? (Just curious LOL)

·
Registered
37 Posts
phillips88 said:
Great figures!

What country are you in if I may ask? How come the results aren't in metric, and the speedo in metric? (Just curious LOL)
It will be the UK.

We use MPH / miles per hour & MPG / miles per gallon in the UK.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts