Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really sensitive to petrol fumes and had to ditch my rav4 as very small amounts of exhaust kept getting sucked up into the back of the car.

Has anyone here thought of lpg conversion or done it on a prius? My dream car would only subject me to some soggy co2. I will go electric next time but Im not in the position to right now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Unlike my previous car, the C-HR comes with port injection engine, which is perfect for LPG conversion. Because it is a hybrid, it is better if the LPG system is Liquid Propane Injection.
My dealer told me that the warranty is terminated unless installed by them, however they no longer offer LPG conversions due to problems with delivery of spare parts. :shock: :roll:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok I did worry about reliability but if the chr still agitates me I will have no choice but to fit a system. I heard they may void warranty on things likely to be related to a change of fuel ie piston rings and valves etc. But not wheels, airbags and so on.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I drive currently an LPG converted (in 2006) Jaguar XK, before conversion I got unleaded economy up to 39mpg (jaguar quote for combined was 24)

I've never had any issues with it in over 10yrs and have covered in excess of 100k miles, all at between 33-50 pence per liter here in the UK, so with unleaded being £1.17ppl on average I can travel for 300 miles on a £30 full tank, so in monetary terms 52mpg (a figure that seems to be the norm for the C-HR hybrid). Plus of course I get that V8 sound track! :)

I've done a couple of LPG sponsored economy runs, the last one in 2011 and on one of those there was a 2008 Prius which performed brilliantly....so it can be done. The problem is where to site the tank in a C-HR as I don't think it has a wheel well??

Natch you'd need iridium plugs and I'd probably go with a flash-lube system just to be on the safe side to prevent VSR.

I'd personally not do the conversion until after the warranty is up, however If a health issue then it'll be a necessity, however please don't ruin the beautiful lines of the C-HR with a filler cap in the body as IMO even a colour coded one will stand out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First thing I thought was the filler location lol. I think I remember seeing an 8 inch deep piece of polystyrene that seemed to be just filling a hole under the boot floor.

·
Registered
554 Posts
On some conversions I've seen they've been able to fit it under the petrol flap, however that's using a smaller non-UK connector which means an adaptor is needed when you fill.

Surely under the boot floor would mean the filler is under the car?

Oh, as to the tank, the question's just been answered in another thread about a full sized spare and raised boot floor.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.