Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!

First of all, a note to the mods - hope you don't mind me posting this in here, but if it should be somewhere else or isn't allowed, please do your stuff! 馃槃

Our company, DMS Media, is working with Toyota GB on a small internal project relating to Toyota C-HR.

It鈥檚 heartening to see how many people have positive things to say about Toyota C-HR. We鈥檙e looking for a small number of passionate C-HR owners who are willing and able to film themselves on their smartphone or tablet and express their views on the car. Your film would not be shown to the public. It would be used as research for a small group of people within Toyota to help shape their exciting plans for C-HR鈥檚 future.

If you'd like to get involved, please drop a comment below and I can send you more details on DM.

Thanks,
Andrew @ DMS Media

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply @forkingabout1978 - seems you're already on the radar over on the Facebook :) We're nothing if not persistent...

You're probably right about a potential conflict of interest in this particular case, but we hope you love your current and any future C-HRs! (y)

If you know anyone else on the forum that you think might be interested, please feel free to tag them so they don't miss the thread.

That explains this I received last week over on Facebook then - can't really help as Toyota pay my wages & would be a conflict of interest.

Registered
Hi @[email protected]

Would like to help, but not sure what you want on the video. Would it be better to have a questionnaire or guidance on what elements you鈥檙e interested in, otherwise will get lots of ramblings on loves / hates etc. and likely not relavent

My loves:
Bulld quality
Ride
Gadgets and features
Fuel economy / hybrid (even though not bothered by fuel cost)
Quirky design

Hate:
My T App. Awful.... Misses half the journeys, just doesn鈥檛 work
Having to log on / accept the warning on MMI screen every journey

Overall really happy

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
Hate:
My T App. Awful.... Misses half the journeys, just doesn鈥檛 work
Having to log on / accept the warning on MMI screen every journey
I don't get that log on issue - I'm using a Google Pixel 6 running Android 13, I have set the smart lock trusted devices to recognise CAR MULTIMEDIA to unlock my phone & keep it unlocked.

My T missing journeys - yeah mine does that occasionally as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi @[email protected]

Would like to help, but not sure what you want on the video. Would it be better to have a questionnaire or guidance on what elements you鈥檙e interested in, otherwise will get lots of ramblings on loves / hates etc. and likely not relavent
Completely agree, but didn't want to overwhelm with too much info in the initial post. We have guidance on the type of insights/areas of feedback we're looking for - I can send you further details on DM (y)

Registered
I have a 2019 model.
Its my wifes but i use it if we go out together. We love the car her more than me.
things i/we dont like having had/have newer and different brands.

Wierd interior colour schemes, black and brown! virtually impossible to find a all black with leather.
touch go system, useless. no phone connection,sat nav useless,worst we have ever had.the display system looks 5 yrs dated.
indicators impossible to hear,if they do not self cancel ,you will not realise.
like most cars now ,no spare wheel!
no electric defrost front screen
front screen defrost blower useless

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks - you have a DM :)

I have a 2019 model.
Its my wifes but i use it if we go out together. We love the car her more than me.
things i/we dont like having had/have newer and different brands.

Wierd interior colour schemes, black and brown! virtually impossible to find a all black with leather.
touch go system, useless. no phone connection,sat nav useless,worst we have ever had.the display system looks 5 yrs dated.
indicators impossible to hear,if they do not self cancel ,you will not realise.
like most cars now ,no spare wheel!
no electric defrost front screen
front screen defrost blower useless

Registered
@dozydoe, the Orange edition launched late 2019 it's all black. Including black rims. Black interior and rims are my sweet spots!

What I would love to add/change to my C-HR:
  • indicator for washing liquid level. It's so annoying to be on motorway and realize you ran out!
  • swap the washing liquid place with 12V battery. I don't need/want to open engine hood and I carry spare washing fluid in the trunk. I dream of not ever opening the engine hood for the life of a car.

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
I dream of not ever opening the engine hood for the life of a car.
Even on a Toyota you are meant to open the bonnet to check things like engine oil, engine & inverter coolant levels & brake fluid levels occasionally.

Plus remove any leaves / debris from the scuttle area & top up the washer fluid.

Lights & levels checks between service visits are essential to safe motoring & also avoiding breakdowns.

Registered
Let's agree to disagree.
Cars learned many years ago to ask for oil.
My cheap dishwasher tells me when I need to top up salt, rinsing liquid. And it tells me if I forgot to add detergent in that compartment before starting the program.
A handful of cheap sensors can tell me coolant and washing liquid are low.
A bulb out (I have LEDs but it's the same principle) - it's a basic problem for electronics in the car to understand there's no consumption or too much on a circuit.

I'm not talking space shuttle level of engineering. Basic stuff solved long time ago so no need for reengineering.

I'm not interested at all to check liquid levels in a car. Just to keep it clean, with fuel and start-stop.
I have good friends very interested in getting their hands dirty and they love their MX5. I love my Toyota and I would like few more sensors. That's all. I'm a basic person 馃槑

Registered
Swings and roundabouts with the washer fluid warning light. I normally check our cars over, including fluids and tyres every couple of weeks. When I had my TT the washers ran dry on a long motorway stint including in a massive tailback on the M1. Every 2 minutes the damn thing started flashing and pinging to tell me it was empty. No way to cancel and stuck in the jam for 90+ minutes

Registered
Hi everyone!

First of all, a note to the mods - hope you don't mind me posting this in here, but if it should be somewhere else or isn't allowed, please do your stuff! 馃槃

Our company, DMS Media, is working with Toyota GB on a small internal project relating to Toyota C-HR.

It鈥檚 heartening to see how many people have positive things to say about Toyota C-HR. We鈥檙e looking for a small number of passionate C-HR owners who are willing and able to film themselves on their smartphone or tablet and express their views on the car. Your film would not be shown to the public. It would be used as research for a small group of people within Toyota to help shape their exciting plans for C-HR鈥檚 future.

If you'd like to get involved, please drop a comment below and I can send you more details on DM.

Thanks,
Andrew @ DMS Media
Could I have some more details please?

Super Moderator
Reg change

1 - 20 of 23 Posts