Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Toyota is making a big mistake. The sooner they realize users will demand Android Auto/Apple Car Play, the better for all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm re-posting this information from an Australian Forum

The reason Toyota along with some other brands are cautious is they have no control over what data Apple and Android are collecting. Android in particular collect masses of data, often without the user being aware. The other issue is control over the user experience. Toyota is keen to maintain complete control over everything the user interacts with in their models. With CarPlay and Android manufacturers give up this control to a third party. At this stage, not having these options isn't hurting sales, so there isn't need for it to be added.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But doesn't Toyota know both Apple and Android car systems are just apps (like Aupeo(?), Galss of Water, etc.)? Users agree to the terms of each app. User can choose not to use if (s)he wants to stay "untracked". By streaming Spotify users (like Merly) also are being tracked and their data is being collected.

I really don't accept such an explanation - it's total BS.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have fed back to them time and time again that their interfaces and website controls are dated and not user friendly.
They are very open to moving forward with engineering technology but the user computer interface side seems to scare them.

Karmalakas is absolutely correct about the access rights being controllable by the user.
I give up some control by using Spotify I concur. However I am lazy and can't be bothered to download all the tracks lol

If Toyota think users will be happy with losing the ability to choose themselves they are gravely mistaken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts