Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As above. Suddenly, the headlights are permanently on while driving! The indicator stalk is set to automatic.

Also, when the lights are on, the satnav doesn't switch to night mode. The setting is set to automatic. If I select night mode in the settings, it does switch to night mode but not in the automatic setting. Could it be related to the headlights,' issue?

· Registered
492 Posts
Would have suggested a dirty screen maybe, or blocked sensor, but as MMI not on night mode doesn’t make sense.

Stupid question, but have you tried cycling the switch to manual and seeing what happens. If same issue then looks like dealer visit for quick check is probably best.

· Registered
2022 chr 1.8 GR sport, decuma grey, mudflaps
121 Posts
As above. Suddenly, the headlights are permanently on while driving! The indicator stalk is set to automatic.

Also, when the lights are on, the satnav doesn't switch to night mode. The setting is set to automatic. If I select night mode in the settings, it does switch to night mode but not in the automatic setting. Could it be related to the headlights,' issue?
Hi, mine always seemed to be on as well, I adjusted the sensitivity to darkest setting and now seems to be ok, worth a try👍
The datnav/media doesn't seem to be linked to lights settings as mine seems to darken and lighten independently of light settings

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. I have switched to manual, but same issue. I'll try adjusting the light sensitivity in settings. Thinking back, I don't think the satnav has ever switched to night mode!! Not as big an issue as the headlights.

Maybe a trip to the dealer!!

Reactions: Xan

· Registered
333 Posts
Thanks, but doesn't work!!
I did the same as c Beeching,it worked but even on the darkest settings the lights come on, enter the village going thru long tree lined road even on a bright day they come on. We pass under a bridge and the screen goes into night mode for milli second then back to day mode. I do think it's over sensitivity has only occurred thru the dark days of winter. Love the auto lights they're bang on around here, street lamps are rarer than £10 notes in my wallet in some places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts