Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please measure minimal distance betwen bottom edge of you bumper & ground. Because I see that 1.2T dynamic is higher then hybrid, it is intentional?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why? Weight gap is only 40kg & devide by battery on back of car so for reduce petrol consumption? This is crossover but in real life no way to ovecome standard curb & what about offroad challenge?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Herman said:
Why? Weight gap is only 40kg & devide by battery on back of car so for reduce petrol consumption? This is crossover but in real life no way to ovecome standard curb & what about offroad challenge?
Why ? ask Toyota. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
heavier engine in hybrid = better handling

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I already twice thought I've lost front bumper while going backwards from the curb. Checked - everything looked in place.
I wonder why Toyota left these needles (at first look) couple of centimeters bellow the bumper right in front of the wheels :/

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ans said:
heavier engine in hybrid = better handling
But did you read my data "Weight gap petrol vs. HSD is only 40kg & devide by battery on back of car not front", so it means that whole car is lower or only front. I don't have yet possibility to physical measure so I ask you about real car data.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
surely this data will be irrelevant due to different size wheels and tyres on different models ,and seeing as i dont see the point in this question im out
just for you 15.5cm underneath car and 20cm at lip of bumper 18" wheels

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dear ANS,
External size of wheels are same (gap 1%) & it is base for get certification of each model. So 17" vs 18" no meaning because is compensate by tyres ratio 60 vs 50.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
i get that ,but whats your point ,what do you want to know? why they are different heights?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1) All suspension in hybrid version is lower or only front?
2) What is real root cause of it, because in official car specyfication Toyota not mention about it - high 1565mm

·
Registered
86 Posts
The lip of my front bumper (1.2T) is exactly 25cm from the ground. Also I think mine is taller not only in front but in back to. When my car delivered in the dealership next to it was a white two tone hybrid car with same specs (18inch wheels etc) and it seemed lower than mine but I thought that white colour makes car look smaller but from what I read here now i'm sure that it was lower for sure.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Which model do you have or have ordered Herman? Please put it in your signature strip :)

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
also different bumper trim finishes (accessories) will effect the ride height measurement as they clip over the existing front bumper and rear so i think these could be a factor that make the car higher or lower depending on the spec of your car, to measure the car at the wheel arch would give you a better reading of the car height differences
i sure the answer is just that they have different springs and shocks on due to the ride differences between the turbo and hybrid , the hybrid gives a much more sure footed ride but i cant be sure as there is little or no info on the shocks and springs, you could always ask someone at Toyota in their parts department if there are different suspension parts used in each model

·
Registered
380 Posts
Haven't measured it yet, but my tires were inflated at 2.8 bar. When lowered to 2.3 bar, the car dropped 2-3 cm.

So tire pressure is relevant to.

·
Registered
172 Posts
1.2T, CVT, 18", 1365KG, 2.3 bar;

Street to edge at front of the bumper is 19,5 cm (7,48 inch)

(Put a drawing here what to measure, you're sure that everyone is measuring the same)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I compared petrol vs. hybrid in same trim, same tyre pressure - difference is exacly 3cm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts