Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow I assumed C-HR would have lots of trip information, but it seems it's pretty useless.
Let's say I'm travelling for a week. I wouldn't keep ignition on for a whole week. Isn't there really a way to see a whole week's trip info, like:
  • Total distance traveled
  • Total time driven
  • Average/Best/Worst fuel consumption
  • Average/Min/Max speed

These Trip A/B distances are pretty useless, when you don't have at least consumption related to them :/
The same goes with Past trips info - useless, when you don't know how much you've traveled for each trip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
On the main screen doesn't it give you previous trips and their averages unless reset?

Resetting the trip will give you total distance since then
Total time driven isn't available but is on my garmin if I reset
Ave best/worst fuel consumption is shown on main screen IIRC the last 6 trips
Ave/min/max speed isn't given on the C-HR (that I can see) but the average per trip is given on both my other cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Karmalakas said:
Somehow I assumed C-HR would have lots of trip information, but it seems it's pretty useless.
Let's say I'm travelling for a week. I wouldn't keep ignition on for a whole week. Isn't there really a way to see a whole week's trip info, like:
  • Total distance traveled
  • Total time driven
  • Average/Best/Worst fuel consumption
  • Average/Min/Max speed

These Trip A/B distances are pretty useless, when you don't have at least consumption related to them :/
The same goes with Past trips info - useless, when you don't know how much you've traveled for each trip.
Totally agree about this. I have a hard time finding a way to see what the average consumption is. I mean, i do know there is a screen about fuel consumption you can see on the infoscreen in front of you, but to me it seems that it doesn't really calculate an average, more of a per trip kind of way.

On my old car there was almost no information about how the car performed consumption wise... the only thing i could see was an average consumption 100km/liter. Is it me or does the c-hr lack that kind of information?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MarkyMUK said:
On the main screen doesn't it give you previous trips and their averages unless reset?

Resetting the trip will give you total distance since then
Total time driven isn't available but is on my garmin if I reset
Ave best/worst fuel consumption is shown on main screen IIRC the last 6 trips
Ave/min/max speed isn't given on the C-HR (that I can see) but the average per trip is given on both my other cars
It does give averages, but it's completely useless when I want to know how much fuel I've used in total when I was starting an engine at least 15 times during all the week. Speeds or total time aren't the issue, but would be nice.

Flood said:
an average consumption 100km/liter. Is it me or does the c-hr lack that kind of information?
It shows on display in the middle of gauges. But then again, there's no way to see a week/month long trip average consumption, unless you reset this lifetime average at the start of a trip.

For now, I can't imagine how I could use Trip A/B info :/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Karmalakas said:
It shows on display in the middle of gauges. But then again, there's no way to see a week/month long trip average consumption, unless you reset this lifetime average at the start of a trip.

For now, I can't imagine how I could use Trip A/B info :/
When I start my engine and the display in the middle of gauges is set to show me the fuel consumption then the first few minutes the number is going way up... then after driving around some more it starts going down... when i accelerate the number for the fuel consumption goes up dramatically until i drive around some more and then it starts going down again... to me that doesn't seem like it is showing me an average of all my trips from the moment i got my car. It's more like it always shows me information about the trip i'm doing at that time. Unless i'm interpreating it wrong or something.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't remember exactly which screen it is, but at the top there's a horizontal bar, which shows current consumption and below there's a number, which shows average since last reset. If it was reset not long ago, it's natural it varies a lot while you drive, but try to drive a 1000 miles without resetting and it should become more steady. The more you drive, the more accurate average consumption is calculated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
I have only driven 650 km, so i'll wait and drive around some more before i can really start seeing my fuel consumption average. 😀

Every trip, when i turn off the ignition, i see a summary of that trip. I see the average of the fuel consumption and how many km's i drove and how long the trip lasted. When getting out of the car, it seems that this information is lost and can't really be displayed anymore. Too bad the software has it's limitations on that field.

Does anyone know of an app where you can put in some numbers (amount of fuel put in the tank/ km's driven/km's until next refuel, etc) and that calculates the fuel consumption. There is a dutch website (autoweek) where you can do that but i prefer an app

Edit : i have taken a look on the play store : there are so many. Can't seem to choose which one to try 😉
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Flood said:
Does anyone know of an app where you can put in some numbers (amount of fuel put in the tank/ km's driven/km's until next refuel, etc) and that calculates the fuel consumption. There is a dutch website (autoweek) where you can do that but i prefer an app
The best are:
  • http://spritmonitor.de - didn't use one. For me too much options and not so comfortable to use. But probably more accurate info.
  • http://fuel.io - using app for a few years now and very happy with it's features.

But still I can't see the info I want while using an app if I start a trip with the half of a tank. Even less useful, when you start a TripA lets say on the 1st of month and finish on the 30th, but also want to track a TripB, which was in the middle of TripA (eg. 15th-20th of month).
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top