Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is going to make me sound really old i know but here goes. I had a test drive in chr last weekend and pick up my very own next Tues. The bomb shell of no cd player is still sinking in. Salesman said you can use usb instead. Does anyone do this and how easy is it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an USB stick with a lot of my favorite music, works like a charm! You can rip your cd's to USB on your computer. Or you can connect an old discman (can you still buy them btw?) via the headphones plug to your car. Good luck!

·
Registered
521 Posts
USB so much easier to use than CDs and you can have so much more music, I have over 2,000 tracks on my USB stick

G

·
None of my last 4 cars have had a CD-Player but have had either sockets for USB or SD Cards. I much prefer either of these to CDs.

I use a SanDisk Ultra Fit 32 GB USB Flash Drive in my C-HR as it is very small and unobtrusive, yet can contain thousands of tracks.

Alternatively, if you have music on your phone, you can also play it via bluetooth.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm with you,bring back CD players in cars!,but unfortunately USB Seems to be the norm.
Don't get me started on sound quality either!
I agree you can download a lot of music but if you have a large collection forget it.
Oh well I suppose I'll just put another lp on the turntable.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Kiss u said:
Don't get me started on sound quality either!
I agree you can download a lot of music but if you have a large collection forget it.
I don't find the speakers' (even JBL) quality to be so good, you'd notice a difference between lossless CD and 320kbps MP3
And what's the problem with large collection? It takes time, but it's possible to have all your library in a couple flash drives.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was looking all over for the CD player !!! My daughter put all my songs on to a USB stick but none of the titles come up on the screen. The titles are just numbers so I've no idea what I'm playing :roll: . Can anyone help ? Tx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rosie2018 said:
Hi this is going to make me sound really old i know but here goes. I had a test drive in chr last weekend and pick up my very own next Tues. The bomb shell of no cd player is still sinking in. Salesman said you can use usb instead. Does anyone do this and how easy is it!
hey there, i found a kit from these guys and it works great in my chr. works through the usb port. they were very helpful when i emailed them some questions before i purchased

https://www.ensightauto.com/products/universal-usb-integrated-add-on-cd-player-for-any-vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts