Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id like to know what you guys keep in your car incase of emergencies. I live in Finland and we have harsh winters and unexpected situations can happen driving upnorth where cars might not pass for a while. For example i have a tactical backpack that holds the following:

- First aid kit (to stop bleeding, band aids, tourniquets, tampons for bullet holes , rubbing alcohol, latex gloves, scissors)
- A fenix LED flashlight
- A heat blanket
- wool socks, wool long johns, wool longsleeve
- Lighter, magnesium fire sparker, candles, lighter fluid.
- Paracord around 30meters
- Sowing kit
- Mora knife
- Leatherman multitool
- spyderco military 2 knife
- some cliff bars and 2 MRE, water purification tablets.
- extra cellphone with prepaid sim preinstalled fully charged + charger
- 100 euros in cash

in a smaller duffel bag i have:
- a mini shovel
- some thicker rope with carabiners.
- reflective vest, winter gloves and a windbreaker
- Hiking boots
- 4 bottles of water
- Trashbags and paper towel

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
If I thought the weather was going to be that bad I would stay at home. Sounds like you are exspecting the end of the world with that lot.but good on you for being prepared for anything

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
ToyOwnerfin said:
I live in Finland and we have harsh winters
Just a few questions. Do you carry at least water bottles and flashlight every time you're going to drive? Water would freeze keeping all "harsh" winter in a car and flashlight battery would die pretty fast. Or winters aren't so harsh at all :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
ToyOwnerfin said:
Id like to know what you guys keep in your car incase of emergencies. I live in Finland and we have harsh winters and unexpected situations can happen driving upnorth where cars might not pass for a while. For example i have a tactical backpack that holds the following:

- First aid kit (to stop bleeding, band aids, tourniquets, tampons for bullet holes , rubbing alcohol, latex gloves, scissors)
- A fenix LED flashlight
- A heat blanket
- wool socks, wool long johns, wool longsleeve
- Lighter, magnesium fire sparker, candles, lighter fluid.
- Paracord around 30meters
- Sowing kit
- Mora knife
- Leatherman multitool
- spyderco military 2 knife
- some cliff bars and 2 MRE, water purification tablets.
- extra cellphone with prepaid sim preinstalled fully charged + charger
- 100 euros in cash

in a smaller duffel bag i have:
- a mini shovel
- some thicker rope with carabiners.
- reflective vest, winter gloves and a windbreaker
- Hiking boots
- 4 bottles of water
- Trashbags and paper towel
I'm not even sure I could fit all of that in the car!! I've found that, internally, it's probably the smallest car, in terms of storage space, I've ever had. The manual pretty much takes up the glove box and the doors can't really hold anything useful.
I've got a 'boot tidy' in the back with a few 'useful' nick knacks but nothing that would keep me alive in a blizzard!. Luckily, London hasn't seen anything too drastic for some years and I'd like to think my new 30 grand baby would get me home! :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Stuff in my boot just in case the opportunity arises as follows ;

- 9ft 5 weight travel fly rod
- landing net
- pair of size 11 waders
- small bag containing 5 weight reel with floating fly line, various dry flies, wets and nymphs
- fleece
- waterproof coat and hat

In snowy weather conditions, the car stays firmly on the drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts