Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I park my car in my garage and don't look the doors. Normally I leave the key in the car.
I know it mind sound like a stupid question.
This is the first car I buy with keyless entry. Is it ok to leave the key fob in the car whilst the car is parked in the garage?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
314 Posts
Paul Montegriffo said:
This is the first car I buy with keyless entry. Is it ok to leave the key fob in the car whilst the car is parked in the garage?
It is not advisable, if for no other reason than security.

I am fairly sure it says in the manual that the keys should not be left in the car when unattended

·
Registered
760 Posts
The car wont object to you doing this - in fact it objects if you try to lock the door with a key inside (eg my wife leaves handbag in the boot with the keys in). BUT have you thought what your insurance co might say if you make a claim and you had the key stored in the car? I always just keep my key in my pocket, then you can just walk up and open the door.
Alex

·
Registered
174 Posts
Did you know that the key will turn off if no moved for 1:30 hours? After that the car might not detect it and lock itself with the key inside. Even if there is a safety precaution against such scenario, you can be sure that the keyfob battery will drain much faster, probably in less than 6 months. Just keep the key in your pocket.

·
Registered
554 Posts
As an aside but on the subject of fobs, they are positively HUGE in comparison to any car I've ever had or driven, even with push button start.

Where do people keep them when driving, is it in one of the cup holders (since they'll probs have your front door keys attached?

·
Registered
760 Posts
In my pocket on my key ring.

·
Registered
554 Posts
As I've got my car and work keys on my fob it would certainly be a bit uncomfortable in a trouser pocket...and I don't wear a jacket when driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts