Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
If you're into crisp and clear sound (lossless was mentioned somewhere in the manual, but I didn't understand if it actually supports any lossless format), then maybe. It definitely sounds better and there's a dedicated sub-woofer. More PMPO power. I would have upgraded if I had spare €830 :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
In Decembre when I tested the C-HR, the JBL system did sound pathetic in direct comparison with the Mark Levinson in my 2008 Lexus GS.
The so-called JBL system is just an amp + sub + 2 additional tweeters in the front. I guess also the rest of the speakers are changed, but that's all. No additional media options.
For that amount of money you can add an aftermarket amp with sub + sound insulation. The last one would make much better difference compared to the massively overpriced JBL option.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have JBL and listen music mostly trough Spotify Premium. In my opinion the sound is crisp and well balanced. The bass could be a little bit stronger and if there was a volume control for lower bass only? But I am satisfied. You have to understand that the sound is not at high end level! But much better than my previous MY14 BMW f30 "hifi system"!
At home I have Genelec 8050 active monitors and I use plenty of time with good quality hifi music also at home!
Uti

·
Registered
55 Posts
You have to have Spotify Premium because you need Spotify Connect !
Put bluetooth on at your phone and link your phone to your Touch&Go2 for music use and for phone use, Set volume max-position or att close at your phone, choose bluetooth-input of Touch&Go2 settings and start listening. Remember, that you can set individually tone controls depending the input you are listening. And enjoy music.
Sorry my bad english :p
Uti

·
Registered
554 Posts
JulianoG said:
In Decembre when I tested the C-HR, the JBL system did sound pathetic in direct comparison with the Mark Levinson in my 2008 Lexus GS.
The so-called JBL system is just an amp + sub + 2 additional tweeters in the front. I guess also the rest of the speakers are changed, but that's all. No additional media options.
For that amount of money you can add an aftermarket amp with sub + sound insulation. The last one would make much better difference compared to the massively overpriced JBL option.
Have to agree, if you have a C-HR and it is actually yours (not on a lease or a company car) then do the modifications yourself.

I am no audiophile but replaced all of the speakers in my Jaguar XK and upgraded with a sub/ crossovers/4 additional tweeters+ insulation. i used infinity kappa kit.

At my Jag dealer the dealer principal and two of his team compared my set up with a car they had in with a Mark Levinson set-up and all of us agreed that my sound was superior.

In my Audi many agree that the standard audio sounds better than the bose system with only the B&O being an improvement over stock by some margin (and £3k), so simply bunging in an 'off the shelf' system purchased on a budget, won't deliver ideal sound, it will just be a compromise.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You have to have Spotify Premium because you need Spotify Connect !
Put bluetooth on at your phone and link your phone to your Touch&Go2 for music use and for phone use, Set volume max-position or att close at your phone, choose bluetooth-input of Touch&Go2 settings and start listening. Remember, that you can set individually tone controls depending the input you are listening. And enjoy music.
Sorry my bad english :p
Uti

·
Registered
95 Posts
The JBL is good, and a decent upgrade on the stock 6 speaker stereo if you like your music. I heard the similarly priced (£600) Focal 10 speaker HI Fi in the new Peugeot 3008 the other day, and it blows the JBL out of the water. The fact they charge £600 for the JBL, and you can't order it without the leather makes it poor value, especially if you already have that great Excel interior. You can buy a nice set of after market speakers, sub woofers and amp for significantly less than £600.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts