Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer has let me know the car will be arrive on the lot on Dec 21st. Excite! They'll install the parking sensors, put winter wheels on and hopefully I'll have it before year's end.

First car ever for me, having a hard time deciding what to do first with my new-found freedom :lol: Was thinking of taking half a day and driving to where I spent my summers (and some winter weekends) as a younger fella, having a nostalgic look at my childhood stomping grounds if you will.

Did you take any special drive to break in yours? Do tell.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I usually make a 200km trip every time a get a new car. It combines national road, twisty road up the mountain and down, in the forrest.
Congats. You set the standards too high with C-HR as first car :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
BNFR said:
What's that about too high standards?

And the trip I'm planning is 80-90km one way. So pretty close to your tradition.
I meant for the C-HR as first car.
You 've got a beautiful, hi tech, hybrid car with automatic transmission for first car.
What would be next? USS Enterprise? :lol:

Sorry but English is not my mother language. Don't get me wrong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah I get it. You make assumptions though :)

Two things I wouldn't let go: the black roof and manual transmission. Test drove both the manual and automatic C-HRs just get a feel for both, and I remain unconviced; the automatic just felt lazy. Not that the car was lazy but the driving experience was. Just feels wrong with essentially half my body not doing anything behind the wheel.

I certainly understand the benefits for someone who has to zip around town for 3 hours every day and maybe I'll change my mind after driving stick for 3-4 years, but for now, manual is most definitely the right one for me. Always loved manual, it's like a mini-game you play when driving :)

And the Enterprise sounds nice but I'll go with a 2-door Wrangler next. Would've gone already but right now is the absolute worst time to buy it as a new model is just about to come out, and Europe won't get it until fall 2018 I believe. And the wait times will probably be 1+ year. Even the current model has 6 months minimum where I live. Plus, the Wrangler is quite a bit more expensive than the C-HR. I have to work myself up a bit more before I can allow myself something like that. The new one also has a hybrid coming in 2020 I believe, so perhaps that will be my first hybrid. Gotta have goals :)

Enterprise is third on the list though. Definitely.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer has specified I'll get it on the 27th or 28th due to a one-day delivery delay; the car arrives at the dealer today instead of yesterday as previously expected. There goes the best Christmas present I would've ever given myself. Curses! :)

Update: The 28th it is. At long last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.