Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Is it only me with so many faults on my CHR..???????

32K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  shetland c-hr 
#1 ·
So far my CHR has these faults.....

Collision warning going off randomly ....especially when in traffic....dealer looked at it on day 1...now it goes off randomly
Wash wipe .........not working on both the front and rear screens..washers work but wipe isn't...
Auto headlights - go to main beam when they feel like it and not at all if you drive in lanes....
Interior Alarm sensor - Alarm goes off even when you have disabled it...
Interior display lighting goes from Bright to Dim randomly....

I have only had it 3 days ...but its going back to the dealer first thing on Monday.....

NOT HAPPY :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

#27 ·
Pad1966uk said:
Hi I'm posting this as yesterday I came very close to meeting my maker
Like many of you I have had issues with my chr
Cracked windscreen faulty wing mirrors trim falling off entertainment system freezing Bluetooth faulty
But faults like what I experienced yesterday have broke the camels back
It started with blind spot indicators going off for no reason then while traveling threw some traffic light pre collision warning system went into overdrive no vehicle in front it engaged !!! Brake brake. Brake then stopped me dead in the road the 40ton arctic driver pulled a miracle and managed to steer away from me !!!
I now think it's time to move on from this car
I
I love the drive I love the car but this enough
Any chance it was not the pre-collision system but the radar cruise control that was on? I have had that start to pull me up sharp with nothing apparently in front, but a car just to one side, like in a layby or slip road.

#28 ·
Hi Alex
I did'nt have cruise on for sure the car has been recently having little issues but this just capped it off really
I have currently head unit issues freezing no dab detection I found out yesterday on Toyota website that my car is part of a petrol tank recall and no one has notified me
And to top it off the car has ADHD lol
I personally feel that the first batch of chr of which mine is defiantly one have got teething problems but happening in the safety systems that nearly caused a rtc
I am quite happy to replace the car I love it but not this car !! It has issues.
I don't spend £30k to buy issues
I just hope Toyota hold there hands up admit the issues on the car are too much and do The honourable thing
I don't need or want to have to resort to other measures

Just for reference it was a dry day and car was clean 👍

#30 ·
Pad1966uk
You have currently head unit issues freezing no dab detection.
Is this started after the replacement of your windscreen ?

#32 ·
Pad1966uk said:
No it started after a software update lol
But it's getting to the point that the dealership have nearly had the car more than me !!!
Very frustrating a warranty is useless if you have to use it too much. Touchwood I am lucky till now no complains (6500 KM)

#35 ·
Just to be clear Toyota fixes all these faults for FREE under the 5 year warranty. I had had all mine fixed for free over the last 12 months of ownership. I know it is a hassle but we are driving a new car few people have. I also get a free car when I drop mine off. This is a great car in another couple years when mine is done I will be back at toyota or lexus becasue they have been amazing with all these repairs. Do you know how many free car washes and vacuums I have got out of this and my dealer has a real coffee machine and a fridge with bottles in it and it is a knock yourself out job. ;) And the girls at reception are...oh yeah not PC I will stop there. ;)

#36 ·
Since since August miners continue to have an intermittent engine fault where all of a sudden I will lose complete power from the engine and all the warning lights will come on and recently they have continued to stay on afterwards the car is been into the dealer four times now the first time it was in for seven weeks away in a replacement of part of the wiring loom and then since then it's hard coil packs it's been swapped over from one engine cylinder to another engine cylinder to see if there was any difference .but still boar 2 at fault

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.