Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm from Ireland and I just purchased a 2018 C-HR Sol edition this week.
I was so excited to finally be getting a car with all the extras - particularly the maps installed on the multimedia system.
I was really let down when I tried entering Irish Eircodes (UK version of Postcodes) and it would not recognise them.
I then tried to put in longitude and latitude coordinates, but after I'd get so far, it would grey out the numbers I need - so this isn't working for me either!
Has any Irish drivers figured out a user friendly way of entering destinations please?
This version doesn't support carplay either.
Other than that I'm really happy with the car - it looks and drives great and I'm looking forward to driving it for the next few years.

Registered
Hi everyone,

I'm from Ireland and I just purchased a 2018 C-HR Sol edition this week.
I was so excited to finally be getting a car with all the extras - particularly the maps installed on the multimedia system.
I was really let down when I tried entering Irish Eircodes (UK version of Postcodes) and it would not recognise them.
I then tried to put in longitude and latitude coordinates, but after I'd get so far, it would grey out the numbers I need - so this isn't working for me either!
Has any Irish drivers figured out a user friendly way of entering destinations please?
This version doesn't support carplay either.
Other than that I'm really happy with the car - it looks and drives great and I'm looking forward to driving it for the next few years.
Yes there is a member Drabisan who resides over there,he's a good guy think he's on his second CHR. He will more than likely get back to you. Good motors btw.馃憤

Registered
I can't remember trying Eircodes on my 2018 C-HR. And GPS coordinates definitely never.
But I do remember it was at least decent on finding addresses. Took over a year to learn that new motorway in Wexford, but for a couple of months neither Google Maps didn't knew about it.

It will make a lots of difference to have maps updated. But it's a 5yo car so 3 years free maps are not an option anymore. So it's safe to assume your maps are at least 2 years old if previous owner bother to do the upgrade.
Worth checking on Toyota site what is the newest map version and you may consider paying for an update.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts