Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having trouble with their phone maintining a connection to the car (for internet)?
I can connect ok, but if I stop the engine the connection is lost.
I've added my phone as a preferred network, checked the box to connect to preferred networks automatically, but no joy. A manual reconnection is always necessary again.
Bluetooth is always on on my phone (iPhone 6, latest iOS).

I'm assuming that it should reconnect automatically?!

·
Registered
64 Posts
No problems here. I connected my phone via Bluetooth, then switched on personal hotspot. This gives me internet connection every time I start the car. I have disabled the warning re cost which is in the car menu system somewhere.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Not tried an iPhone yet but will give it a go and check. 3 Android phone and a Windows Phone (yes some people still have them) have worked fine including connecting to the internet. Our company writes Apps so we have lots of phones to test with :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
1 Have the engine on

2 Have display screen on, and press "Setup" (On the left, 2nd button from bottom)

3 Touch "Connectivity" - top right

4 Touch "Bluetooth" connection (at top)

5 Touch "Charge warning" (near bottom of list)

6 Untick "Show cost warning" and (below it) "Show roaming warning" (You untick by touching the box with the tick in it)

7 Use back arrow (bottom left) to go back to Setup and main screen

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for your replies. It seems all I have to do to connect each time is get my phone to the personal hotspot screen. Nothing more! The car then seems to reconnect. If I do nothing it won't reconnect. I think it may be a phone setting issue.
A bit of a pain but there you go!

·
Registered
521 Posts
When connecting in these situations you may find a box that comes up and says something like, ' remember this setting' or 'do this everytime I connect'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts