Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a fuse layout for the box in the foot well?

i have done a search on the forum, but no one appears to have found one! need 2 fuses one that is constant live and the other switched with ignition for a dash cam.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've piggy backed the 10amp dome light for my dash cam. I've used the nextbase hardwire kit. You will need another mini fuse as the ones in car are micro fuses. That's if you go for the piggyback option.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi, hope you can help as you were looking for the same thing,
To use a parking guard for dashcam I need acc and permanent live,
Is the bottom left a permanent live?
If not, where did you get the permanent live from?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

As above do you know what can be used as permanent live for a dash cam. I am installing a Blackvue 750s with its own battery for when ignition is switched off.

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
series60nokia said:
Hi,

As above do you know what can be used as permanent live for a dash cam. I am installing a Blackvue 750s with its own battery for when ignition is switched off.

Thanks
As I could never find a specific answer regarding this,
I ended up using bottom left(p/outlet no.1) for acc position
and top right (dome) for permanent live,
As I use a device called parking guard that stays betwen camera and car power source, this let's me select minimum battery voltage before stopping from using power, just so the car battery never gets used to the point where it doesn't work,
so far it has worked great,
The only issue, probably due to being the hybrid version is that, if sometimes if you stay for a long time in parking position, the camera goes into "parking mode" but that's OK with me.
Hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Toyota have fitted a dashcam into my C-HR, wired into the P/Outlet No.1 fuse position, but that seems to have meant that the power outlet in the centre box doesn't work. I assume that's an unfortunate side effect of wiring it like this?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm guessing the pulled the wire for the ?O and left it off, worth a look? They should have uses a piggy back fuse / connector.

·
Registered
5 Posts
smartly said:
I'm guessing the pulled the wire for the ?O and left it off, worth a look? They should have uses a piggy back fuse / connector.
Thanks for that smartly. Closer inspection of the piggyback connector,however, revealed they hadn't put another fuse in beside the dash cam connection :roll: . All sorted now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.