Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My interior lights (ones in the roof) have stopped working when you open the door or press the start/stop button to stop the car. The cup holder lights work ok.
I have searched through these forums and found the other topics about interior lighting not working and checked all the settings but it still will not work.
If you press the buttons each individual light comes on from driver and passenger and you can switch the rear one on by itself.
The car went in for its first service today and has to be booked in again due to waiting parts for the mirror projector light and cup holder problems that others have had.
They said they will look again at the light fault as well as they fitted new bulbs and checked the wiring but couldn't find any problem.

Anyone else had the same problem ?

1.8 Hybrid Dynamic

·
Registered
681 Posts
jimfrst said:
My interior lights (ones in the roof) have stopped working when you open the door or press the start/stop button to stop the car. The cup holder lights work ok.
I have searched through these forums and found the other topics about interior lighting not working and checked all the settings but it still will not work.
If you press the buttons each individual light comes on from driver and passenger and you can switch the rear one on by itself.
The car went in for its first service today and has to be booked in again due to waiting parts for the mirror projector light and cup holder problems that others have had.
They said they will look again at the light fault as well as they fitted new bulbs and checked the wiring but couldn't find any problem.

Anyone else had the same problem ?

1.8 Hybrid Dynamic
And is the door switch on
page 491 of the manual?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's a problem with the door switch as I got it to work one day by repeatedly trying the door switch. then the next it wouldn't work again but Toyota service department doesn't seem to have a clue. They said they are waiting for more information from Toyota. They said they checked the wiring but I'm wondering if they only checked to see if a fuse was blown.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried all the settings none of them were set to off but changing them still didn't make any difference. Will just have to see what Toyota say when it goes back in next week.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine stopped working. Dealer replaced fuse and checked front interior lights. Said the bulb was loose and that could have caused the circuit to arc and create a an electrical spike which blew the fuse.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just back from the service department. They had to replace the interior light unit as it was faulty. Now interior lights are all working fine. Also had the projection / puddle lights in the underside of the mirrors changed under warranty as one has water in it. They did the other at the same time even though that one was ok.

·
Registered
86 Posts
jimfrst said:
Also had the projection / puddle lights in the underside of the mirrors changed under warranty as one has water in it. They did the other at the same time even though that one was ok.
They change the projectors or the whole mirrors?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got to go back in again to replace the new interior light unit again. On the one they fitted the button to switch off the motion dectector sensor inside the car is all loose and was definitely not like that before it went in.
Have to wait until April for the light unit to be delivered again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.