Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to go to an appointment it's about 26mile, haven't been in the car for awhile due to back injury.
But the dual carriageway is like a switchback say mile uphill the slight downhill maybe 1-2miles.
Very light traffic had ACC set at 62, then as I crested the incline I knocked it back to 61-60 and the little EV light came on straight away usually does it slightly later if not using ACC.and stayed on much longer too. Has anyone tried same thing,it returned 78mpg much better than normal on the same route

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yes. That way you can force the car sometimes to switch to EV. Just a tiny fast push on the gaspedal can trigger same.
When driving in EV on the ACC keep your eye on the powermeter.. it will slowly go up and the ice will start when it reach the middle ECO zone. Just before that, tap the ACC down a few. It will keep in EV most of the time.

Note that all battery capacity you use this way.. will cause the ice to jump on faster and longer to recharge again.
Maybe this trip you saved some fuel by driving forced EV.. but for the next trip it can increase mpg a bit because it need more time to recharge.

It is a game of win and loose. Great to play with!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. That way you can force the car sometimes to switch to EV. Just a tiny fast push on the gaspedal can trigger same.
When driving in EV on the ACC keep your eye on the powermeter.. it will slowly go up and the ice will start when it reach the middle ECO zone. Just before that, tap the ACC down a few. It will keep in EV most of the time.

Note that all battery capacity you use this way.. will cause the ice to jump on faster and longer to recharge again.
Maybe this trip you saved some fuel by driving forced EV.. but for the next trip it can increase mpg a bit because it need more time to recharge.

It is a game of win and loose. Great to play with!
I agree,the little green light had me transfixed there and back. I've had it since February and it's the first time I've thought about giving it a go.I also returned good mpg on the return journey. I don't really bother hyper mile thing but was impressed today tho. Heavy traffic I wouldn't feel that comfortable. It's widely rumoured this road made Chris Rea write the song The Road to Hell in 1989.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yep it is weird how it works. I had the green light showing for a few miles at just over 70 Mph with cruise on

Hadn’t expected that at all. Guess it was a long slightly downhill bit

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep it is weird how it works. I had the green light showing for a few miles at just over 70 Mph with cruise on

Hadn’t expected that at all. Guess it was a long slightly downhill bit
Huey how was jolly in UK,guess change of flag anytime soon,boy cold morning up here,had to pick up wounded little soldier as there's a nasty tummy bug going around schools ATM he's copped it. But all summer it's returned roughly 65-70mpg on the run,this morning 57mpg. As they say swings and roundabouts,main thing I'm up and about little backpain.👍
roundabouts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Huey how was jolly in UK,guess change of flag anytime soon,boy cold morning up here,had to pick up wounded little soldier as there's a nasty tummy bug going around schools ATM he's copped it. But all summer it's returned roughly 65-70mpg on the run,this morning 57mpg. As they say swings and roundabouts,main thing I'm up and about little backpain.👍
roundabouts
Back in UK for a couple of weeks then off to Kuwait.
No issues with petrol there normally about 30p a litre, everyone drives big V8s 🤪

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back in UK for a couple of weeks then off to Kuwait.
No issues with petrol there normally about 30p a litre, everyone drives big V8s 🤪
Only place you see Humvees used as shopping run arounds.they usually get between 4-8mpg, custom cars all over, here's us scared some days to drive past the petrol stations without getting a heart flutter. Lad I bump into when out with the dogs ran a golf course, and corporate functions,said why did you come home,said he missed the rain and frosty mornings WHAT.!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts