Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully collecting my new C-HR Dynamic Hybrid next week.
Impressed with Toyota's complimentary three-day insurance cover to facilitate the exchange of vehicles.
However, not so impressed with their quote of £303.50 for twelve months cover.
Shopped around and the best deal is from LV at £229.79 (includes protected NCB).
Importantly LV don't need to be told about optional extras that are fitted by the manufacturer when the car was new/first registered!
Any recommendations for an even better deal elsewhere?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have mine through LV I had no hassles at all with them changing over the car details one phone call and I was covered. They also quoted me roughly same price as you and I think that is dam cheap for the value of the car

G

·
I've been with LV a few years now. When someone drove into the side of my RAV4 they were excellent handling the claim. I phoned around when the insurance was due (always do that) and LV were still among the most competitive. I used other quotes to get LV down a wee bit....haggling is a given with motor insurance. So- price was good, and my experience of their claims dept. and their communication has meant I've stuck with them for my CHR. I did have Toyota car insurance for a while a few years back- but left them when I found them (or at least one of their customer service staff) less than 100% honest (that's another story....).

·
Registered
554 Posts
I was with LV a few years back but wasn't impressed with their policy wording of using used/non OEM parts

So stopped with them...natch won't be an issue with the C-HR as it's so new.

The benefit of living in rural Somerset is that the premiums are low so @ 52 = £230 with 9yrs protected NCB and Class 1 business with Privilege

·
Registered
23 Posts
:| Wish my insurance was that low

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Bavers' said:
Considering how technologically advanced the C-HR is, it is surprising that a dash cam isn't a standard fitment. Disappointed that it's not even an optional extra.
As I've stated in other topic. In lots of countries dashcams are illegal. I understand car manufacturers not to include it to equipment. Or, if included, it should be available to dismount easily so you could travel where recording is forbidden.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Gazza1977 said:
A lot of insurance companies now offer a discount if you have a dash cam installed. Worth checking if you have one
U got dashcam installed? Isit visible to the naked eye or isit one of them old tomtom fasion looking ones?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Bavers' said:
Considering how technologically advanced the C-HR is, it is surprising that a dash cam isn't a standard fitment. Disappointed that it's not even an optional extra.
What do you talking about
Seat Ateca Xcellence
Audi Q2
Have about the same advanced technology (even more) and they don,t have a dash cam (or option so far I now)
To me, the dash cam isn't standard.
So call me a car with the same advanced technology as the CHR (about the same price)
with a dash cam as standard.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Bavers' said:
holyhead - Upon spending just short of 30k, my expectation would be for standard or optional extra
Yes I understand but I was interested in wich Car ( 1 or 2) for around 30k and advanced technology has a dash cam as standard or opitional.
The Car I know has some kind of dash cam standard is the
Citroen C3
ConnectedCAM
If an accident occurs, the camera will shoot 30 seconds before and 1 minute after the blow. These images may come in handy if the driver's innocence has to be proven.
Maybe in the future, more Car manufacturers fitted dashcam as a standard or offer it optional. In the mean time, more countries forbid it.

G

·
Gazza1977 said:
Yes I have a dash cam fitted it is visible to the naked eye and I have noticed that when people see it they tend to stay well clear of it as u can't argue with the video footage
Yup. Me too. And agree. It is mounted on a mat on the dashboard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts