Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking delivery of a 2020 70 plate Toyota Dynamic 2.0 next week to replace my Mini Countryman Cooper S auto petrol 68 plate. The Mini is valued at around £18k and my C HR £27k. I assumed the Mini Group 23 would be more expensive to insure but my quote for the C HR ( group 21) is c£400 - Mini £284. I have full no claims - no accidents in 40 years of driving and live in Scarborough - I declared the same business use on both and added my son (aged 33 no accidents) on both. Has everyone else experienced significant insurance hikes on buying a C HR? Thank you :rolleyes:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Nope, just got my quotes through for my new GR Sport that I collect end of next week, and all around the £300 mark (+/-£25)

S.London / Surrey borders
Clean licence
Full ncb
1 non fault accident 3 yrs ago (knocked off my bike when stationary)

·
Registered
242 Posts
We were paying sub 200 for our 16 year old Megan and the same company wanted £525. This was with 17yrs with them with no claims. Shopped around and got it for £450. We're in central London so that may increase the premium.

Reactions: roshart

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, just got my quotes through for my new GR Sport that I collect end of next week, and all around the £300 mark (+/-£25)

S.London / Surrey borders
Clean licence
Full ncb
1 non fault accident 3 yrs ago (knocked off my bike when stationary)
Hi - that is very interesting. Could you tell me who you are going to be insured with, please.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi - that is very interesting. Could you tell me who you are going to be insured with, please.
Not decided yet. Used Go Compare and Aviva are cheapest, but a few others in same ballpark

Will try Aviva direct at the weekend as I have a pension plan with them and think if I go direct I get an additional discount

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not decided yet. Used Go Compare and Aviva are cheapest, but a few others in same ballpark

Will try Aviva direct at the weekend as I have a pension plan with them and think if I go direct I get an additional discount
Thank you very much - I will try go compare and see what they come up with. I think that is the only one I didn't try!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
242 Posts

Actually, we used Aviva because of that 10% discount because of an existing policy. Now that insurers have less opportunity to price walk, they thing they'll be offering fewer new business incentives. Looking for these types of combined loyalty offerings may be one way to get something off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am taking delivery of a 2020 70 plate Toyota Dynamic 2.0 next week to replace my Mini Countryman Cooper S auto petrol 68 plate. The Mini is valued at around £18k and my C HR £27k. I assumed the Mini Group 23 would be more expensive to insure but my quote for the C HR ( group 21) is c£400 - Mini £284. I have full no claims - no accidents in 40 years of driving and live in Scarborough - I declared the same business use on both and added my son (aged 33 no accidents) on both. Has everyone else experienced significant insurance hikes on buying a C HR? Thank you :rolleyes:
I have a late 2017 C-HR 1.8 hybrid excel spec. I always shop around for car and house insurance. I only paid £186.00 fully comp for self and wife (both retired). Currently with " quotemehappy.com". I was expecting it to go up due to the changes in insurance regulations requiring companies to offer same rate for new and existing customers but mine went down by £1.00. I live in Teesside and have never paid anywhere like £400 for car insurance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a late 2017 C-HR 1.8 hybrid excel spec. I always shop around for car and house insurance. I only paid £186.00 fully comp for self and wife (both retired). Currently with " quotemehappy.com". I was expecting it to go up due to the changes in insurance regulations requiring companies to offer same rate for new and existing customers but mine went down by £1.00. I live in Teesside and have never paid anywhere like £400 for car insurance.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Best quote for the C-HR I found was with the AA which surprised me.
I think it depends on where you are, age, ncb etc.

I got my renewal quote from Aviva. £420 going to £450 this year. The only optional extra I have is Legal Assistance. Shopped around as per moneysavingexpert.com recommended. I was getting quotes circa £400 with £400 excess. I noticed that one site I got £330 for Aviva as a "special CTM rate". When I clicked through to Aviva I realised the Date of Birth was wrong (Jan instead of Jun ticked) but when I fixed it, it said it couldn't continue with the quote. Went back to CTM and the rate would not appear with the new date. I went to Aviva and played entered my details and got a quote circa £440. I went in to the details and played around and suddenly the quote went down to that £330 mark! I added Legal protection, car hire and protecting my NCB and that was still sub £400. And with only a £150 excess!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think it depends on where you are, age, ncb etc.

I got my renewal quote from Aviva. £420 going to £450 this year. The only optional extra I have is Legal Assistance. Shopped around as per moneysavingexpert.com recommended. I was getting quotes circa £400 with £400 excess. I noticed that one site I got £330 for Aviva as a "special CTM rate". When I clicked through to Aviva I realised the Date of Birth was wrong (Jan instead of Jun ticked) but when I fixed it, it said it couldn't continue with the quote. Went back to CTM and the rate would not appear with the new date. I went to Aviva and played entered my details and got a quote circa £440. I went in to the details and played around and suddenly the quote went down to that £330 mark! I added Legal protection, car hire and protecting my NCB and that was still sub £400. And with only a £150 excess!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have my renewal quote for my Chr GR SPORT 2.0 which is £350 with £300 excess legal cover protected Ncb guaranteed car hire and basic breakdown cover plus car replacement upto 2 years with NFU Insurance
I thought it was for me 59 years and the wife with 2 none fault claims in the last 5 years and no points living in Nottingham.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts