Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day I'm trying to install an aftermarket stereo on my 2017 chr it's a hybrid. The problem I'm having is that the 12volts acc current need to turn on the stereo isn't available in the harness that connects to the original stereo . Thank in advance for your help

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
i guess you mean switchable live :?
a couple of places, i can think of trying one is the back of the start button, ,or the 12v accessory in the armrest might be worth a shot.but then i have not tried to fit anything extra to the stereo

·
Registered
174 Posts
You should be able to find power behind the standard USB port location under climate controls. There are several relays which should definitely be powered:

·
Registered
86 Posts
What after market stereo did you buy? I thought it was impossible to fit an aftermarket headunit in the place of 8inch LCD that comes standar. Is it able to show you all the infos (average consumption, rear camera etc?)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Why on earth mess with a brand new car. I wouldnt you will propably have to pay the dealer to sort that out as it wont be covered by the warranty as you have botched it yourself. I just dont understand why Toyota have fitted different infotainment systems in each market. Some screens are so small. I would have thought the system fitted as standard in UK spec cars would have been ok worldwide as the best avaiable to Toyota at the moment.

·
Registered
193 Posts
DuncanM said:
I just dont understand why Toyota have fitted different infotainment systems in each market.
Because: local law & regulation, different RF standards, cost target, local supplyer contracts, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts