Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past few weeks, my infotainment system has become very slow in responding. It can literally be a few seconds from pressing the touch screen button, to something actually happening. When it was new it was touch and immediate response.
I am wondering if there is any way to do the IT thing, you know the one, 'Turn it off and turn it back on again'?
I know there is a power button, in the top left, but that's just for audio as far as I am aware.
The only things I have connected to it are my phone blue tooth and that is purely for calls and a USB for playing music. So I cannot think what it could be that's clogging it up, if that is what's happening. Is there a way to re-boot it without losing trip data and fuel consumption figures?
It's a C-HR Design on a 19 plate.

·
Registered
71 Toyota CHR GR Sport
45 Posts
With the ignition on, you can press and hold the on/off button and eventually it will reboot the infotainment system. Worth a try.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There have been further developments on this since the post. I actually took it in to the dealers this morning and they suggest they have done a software upgrade ...
Last week, I took the car for it's first proper long trip since I got it. It was just shy of a 400 mile round trip. (For those interested ... According to the trip computer I did 197.8 miles outbound at 65.9mpg and the return was 199.10 at 72.5mpg. I filled the tank up before I left and did it at the end of my journey. It used 27.21 litres I got that to be an average of 66.31mpg over all)
Back to the lag ... On my sat nav, I pass two speed cameras every day. I used to get the beep notification outside a friends house for the one on the way home. Over the past few weeks it has been going off later. I mentioned my long journey, because my sat nav actually asked me to turn off at a junction, just after I had passed it. Following signs to get back to where I should be, it was telling me to do make turns either when right on top of the junction, or again after I had already made the turn, because I was by this time also reading signs rather then relying on the Sat Nav. I also found that the sign recognition system was not working properly. It recognised the sign for national speed limit, but when signs on the overhead gantries dropped the speeds to 50mph, it was registering as 50km/h and so it suggested I was speeding when I was actually doing 50mph. Similarly this happened at 40mph and 30mph with regular roadside signage, it randomly appeared to be registering as km/h. I checked my settings a couple of times whilst sat at Traffic lights and it was suggesting I was correctly set up in miles and not kilometres.
I also found that when I had come out of the sat nav screen, watching my economy figures on the screen instead, when returning to sat nav, it did one of two things ... either took about 10 seconds after pushing the touchscreen button for it to register it had been touched, then a further few seconds after a black screen would appear then when the map did appear, it did not have my position on for a further 5 seconds or so, or alternatively it just went to my music settings, stayed there for 10 seconds and then went to the black screen and then my map loaded back up. I accept there could be a delay in loading up a map, but not as long as this was taking. It certainly hasn't done in the past.
My journey home from the dealership, finds me no better off. In fact the speed camera notification I get outside my friends house didn't happen until I was right on top of the camera. I'm still getting the lag moving between applications, but if anything the lag is now greater than before.
I will try your suggestion of holding down the power switch to reboot the system, when I'm next out, but that will not be until later in the week. If that does not work, I'll contact the dealer again.
Thank you for your reply though, I appreciate it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts