Toyota C-HR Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
If the recirculation light is on then no air is coming in from outside & you will get condensation issues!
This 100%

Only buttons illuminated on my climate control panel are AUTO & A/C

It's extremely rare I would ever use the recirculation button & then only to stop foul odour from entering the cabin.

I don't even use the dual zone function 馃ぃ

Registered
My next door neighbour is a vehicle Air Con engineer. I messaged him and he says turn the recirculation off in winter.

Thanks I'll give it a go
Yep, recirc on in cold weather makes it worse. Normally used if behind a smelly garbage truck or two stroke moped to avoid smell

Registered
2022 chr 1.8 GR sport, decuma grey, mudflaps
My next door neighbour is a vehicle Air Con engineer. I messaged him and he says turn the recirculation off in winter.

Thanks I'll give it a go
I never use recirculation, all it does is mist up the car, I don't know why manufacturers still fit it (I know it's to help warm/cool the car quicker but does it really make that much of a difference)

Registered
I never use recirculation, all it does is mist up the car, I don't know why manufacturers still fit it (I know it's to help warm/cool the car quicker but does it really make that much of a difference)
I use it when stuck behind a stinky diesel as can鈥檛 stand that smell or when I can see smoke from vehicle in front as you don鈥檛 want to be breathing that in.

Registered

Thanks I'll give it a go
Yep turn it off,leave Aircon on auto if you can take it for a drive let the car heat up properly the air conditioning will hopefully clear it. We forgot and left dogs wet towels in the boot overnight had similar problem, cleaned it out and stuck dehumidifier in there for 20mins and it hasn't reoccurred. By leaving the aircon on auto it adjusts the temp you set it doesn't use any more fuel really it's miniscule,older cars yes but modern cars not really.

Registered
2022 Ash Grey 2.0ltr GR Sport
Thanks everyone.

Just had a call from the Service Department. They asked if the drive mode was set to Eco. It is and they said set it to Normal as Eco reduces power to the Air Con and it will not take out moisture in Eco.

Now set to Normal and a couple of cheap dehumidifiers under the front seats

Registered
I use it when stuck behind a stinky diesel as can鈥檛 stand that smell or when I can see smoke from vehicle in front as you don鈥檛 want to be breathing that in.
i use it when driving in Suffolk on a stretch of the A11 as the stink from the pig farms at that part is awful.

Registered
i use it when driving in Suffolk on a stretch of the A11 as the stink from the pig farms at that part is awful.
Huey this time of year in the fields around us the farmers stockpile huge mounds of manure/dung,which steams like a volcano getting ready to erupt some as big as a country mansion. They pong now,even the crows steer clear,but wait till it goes into the muck spreader. Windows and doors kept shut as much as possible and every car/van I've had never managed to mask it completely.ps you packed.

Registered
Huey this time of year in the fields around us the farmers stockpile huge mounds of manure/dung,which steams like a volcano getting ready to erupt some as big as a country mansion. They pong now,even the crows steer clear,but wait till it goes into the muck spreader. Windows and doors kept shut as much as possible and every car/van I've had never managed to mask it completely.ps you packed.
Not heading off until Tuesday, will pack at some point before then. Must remember swim shorts, sunglasses and sun cream, even though it鈥檚 a business trip have got the middle weekend off 馃槑

Registered
Not heading off until Tuesday, will pack at some point before then. Must remember swim shorts, sunglasses and sun cream, even though it鈥檚 a business trip have got the middle weekend off 馃槑
Huey they would be first in the case for me swimming gear etc. Don't laugh but my wife said that should have took wife nice break etc,I replied and how many times have you trudged thru building sites ankle deep in mud and come home blacker than Putin's heart,well I've dropped you off once or twice,once you hang up flying goggles you have these conversations to endure.鈽. Keep eye out for the flag

21 - 34 of 34 Posts