Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
534 Posts
I haven't experienced it but I have seen some complaints elsewhere about excessive windscreen misting & occasionally ice on inside.

Check for dampness inside the car including the boot, make sure the recirculation function is switched off, A/C is on & set temp to around 22 / 24.

A blocked A/C evaporator drain pipe could also be a cause but highly unlikely.

· Registered
331 Posts
Yesterday we had a very hard frost like today I defrosted my CHR and was surprised that a thin layer of ice was inside on the windscreen !? Has anyone known this before ?
As Forkingabout said check all of that,but also those floor mats might be damp folks getting in and out I change ours over to rubber set in the winter. But last October back screen had condensation on the inside when I opened the boot,low and behold wet towels and dog accessories still in the car.(Labradors love to swim or paddle in puddles) removed them stuck the dehumidifier in there for 20mins problem solved. Your right about hard frosts,moles are usually very active this time of year,they are breeding but haven't seen new molehills for over a week as we've had continuous frost on the ground for 6 days. Ps you haven't left that Waitrose freezer bag with water in there by any chance.🤔🙈

· Registered
23 Posts
I once made the mistake of leaving a wet umbrella in the boot of my CHR. I didn’t use the car for a day or two, but when I did, the windscreen inside the car was covered in condensation. I can imagine that weather had been like it was earlier this week, then my windscreen would also probably have been frozen inside. Luckily, when I did next use the car, I was taking it on a long run, so the air conditioning dried the car out, and I’ve had no issues since.

· Registered
492 Posts
Used to get serious condensation in an Audi TT if driven and then parked in the sun on a cold day. Rivers on the dashboard, absolute nightmare. Was just sudden temp change when screen heated up on a cold damp day and parked

soon learnt to park in the shade on cold clear sunny days

· Registered
147 Posts
It is a problem that can effect affect any car.

My C-HR not effected often because even though I don’t use it often, when I do I use it for longer trips and so it gets nice & warm & any moisture gets dried out by keeping AC on & car in auto mode.

· Registered
492 Posts
AC (climate control) is on in mine 95% of the time. Only exception is the rare sunny day I have the windows down.

Not had any problems

· Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
534 Posts
Doesn’t having air con on auto all the time use more petrol ?
You will hardly notice it.

A modern system is very efficient.

The air con compressor on a C-HR hybrid is electrically driven.

Not using the air conditioning system often causes the system seals to dry out & refrigerant to escape.

I just leave the climate control & A/C on auto all the time, like all my previous vehicles.

· Registered
331 Posts
Will the green eco light come on as much with air con on auto all the time ?
Will come on when it wants really,air con won't bother it. In this weather car has to get warmed up to click that green light on, but are you using the heated seats.? Air conditioning auto set 22 but recent weather 24 on a morning then back to 22,can't drive with a coat on either so that's comfortable enough for me.

· Registered
492 Posts
Doesn’t having air con on auto all the time use more petrol ?
As others have said above, minimal extra only...

Leaving climate on most of the time (unless driving with windows open) is good for the system. Keeps seals lubricated and reduces risk of buggering up the whole system if they dry out

I leave mine between 19 (summer), 20,21 normally, and 22/23 when really cold

· Registered
2022 Ash Grey 2.0ltr GR Sport
33 Posts
Since the Autumn mine is plagued with condensation inside. Now frozen inside. I've checked for damp everywhere and there is none.

The recirculation is on as I thought this would take out moisture. Have I got that wrong? Air Con is always on.

Husband thinks its due to multiple occupants on frequent less than 1 mile commutes which the Air Con doesn’t get chance to take out the moisture.

Spoke to the salesman and his response was Oh No my mother is giving me serious grief over this. He sold her an identical GR Sport.

Waiting for the Service Department who have raised it with Toyota

· Registered
147 Posts
Since the Autumn mine is plagued with condensation inside. Now frozen inside. I've checked for damp everywhere and there is none.

The recirculation is on as I thought this would take out moisture. Have I got that wrong? Air Con is always on.

Husband thinks its due to multiple occupants on frequent less than 1 mile commutes which the Air Con doesn’t get chance to take out the moisture.

Spoke to the salesman and his response was Oh No my mother is giving me serious grief over this. He sold her an identical GR Sport.

Waiting for the Service Department who have raised it with Toyota
If the recirculation light is on then no air is coming in from outside & you will get condensation issues!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts