Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
1.2t just didnt appeal to me as my last toyota was a 1.8 and i thought lets try this hybrid thing out ,glad i did as the wife has halved her weekly fuel bill

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pay at least £40 quid fortnightly so averaging about £80-100 per month with the Aygo. So I would save a lot of money using hybrid as I only travel on a dual carriageway and single carriageway 60/70mph and in town driving will be used using electric as it's 30mph.
At what speed does the petrol kick in? Electric is 0-30mph then 30mph + uses Petrol?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Toyota4Life said:
I pay at least £40 quid fortnightly so averaging about £80-100 per month with the Aygo. So I would save a lot of money using hybrid as I only travel on a dual carriageway and single carriageway 60/70mph and in town driving will be used using electric as it's 30mph.
At what speed does the petrol kick in? Electric is 0-30mph then 30mph + uses Petrol?
I'm sorry but you dont seem to have understood the hybrid engine. It does not work like that at all. It is primarily a CVT petrol car, but the battery is charged either by the engine or from regenerative breaking and then the battery powers the electric motor to supplement the engine, taking over completely when it can (eg when cruising at a steady 40mph on a level road).
You need to take test drive to get the hang of it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Toyota4Life said:
But all in all I will be using less petrol?
Thats the plan. I get an average of 55mpg from mine. (over the course of a year).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.