Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all.
I have searched Google, Bing and DuckDuck far and wide and realised that there is some mystical veil of secrecy on the internet regarding replacement of Honda C-HR hybrid cells.
I searched this forum, too, and there is pretty much EVERYTHING about these batteries, EXCEPT the cost for replacement.

One could think that such bital information should be easily available, if not even pinned to the main board.

Not being a fan of conspiracy theories I was wondering if someone here could tell me how much does it cost to replace battery on a 2017 C-HR 1.8 Excel 5dr CVT and where, apart from main dealers, could this be done in Surrey, or Berkshire?

Thanks in advance.
Andy

· Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
Well I hope you mean TOYOTA CHR not HONDA ,the reason you don’t see anyone talking about them is they don’t go wrong that often and if your car has been main dealer serviced you would be covered up to 10 years I believe then extra 5 with extra cover , the only place I know would be main dealer for replacement

Reactions: Huey

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the vehicle not covered under the up to 15 year Toyota hybrid battery warranty?
I honestly have no idea. Planning to buy this car and I know it will be impossible to assess the condition of battery during a short test drive. Regardless if my own circumstances, it simply strange to me that no one is even asking the question anywhere. These cars are around for a while now. It seems like kind of an obvious question to ask when you’re planning to own a car like this, yet there is no clear information on the internet.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As above, dealer would fix if required so no issue.

Just get the car serviced at dealer every year and warranty covers it
See? You are giving me an evasive answer, even though I meant exactly that in my post.
I am planning to buy this car in a USED condition.
From what you’re saying this car is pretty much worthless if it wasn’t serviced at the dealership every year.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I hope you mean TOYOTA CHR not HONDA ,the reason you don’t see anyone talking about them is they don’t go wrong that often and if your car has been main dealer serviced you would be covered up to 10 years I believe then extra 5 with extra cover , the only place I know would be main dealer for replacement
You can’t possibly be serious…?
You buy a car and you are not even curious how much a substantial component like a battery would cost to replace?
I am talking about a second hand market.
What is you are buying a car and it was not serviced by Toyota each year?
Is it a write off the moment the battery dies?
We are planning to buy a car with otherwise low mileage of 45k
My wife does approximately 15k miles a year.
We don’t know yet if the car was serviced by Toyota.
Toyota give you a 100k warranty on the battery, unless you only drive your kids to school in it, then you can hope for the 15 year warranty.
Do with the above in mind a car that has missed ONE service at the authorised Toyota garage will become a scrap metal after just 4 years of my wife driving ot to work?
This is just insane that EVERY owner had to use Toyota garage every year for 15 years to service their cars.
Back to my initial question - do you know how much does it cost to replace the battery on this car?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, chaps. Don’t bother. I have managed to obtain a quote from Toyota.
For the future generations of expolrers of this subject:
Replacement of battery (cells) on a 1.8 Toyota C-HR Hybrid 5dr CVT will cost £2,100 at the authorised Toyota garage.

Not bad, considering you would probably have to replace clutch in a manual car at about moment in it’s life, but here you get some much better MPG.

· Registered
492 Posts
See? You are giving me an evasive answer, even though I meant exactly that in my post.
I am planning to buy this car in a USED condition.
From what you’re saying this car is pretty much worthless if it wasn’t serviced at the dealership every year.
Are you buying from a Toyota dealer?

if yes then no issues as will be covered by warranty. Like any warranty there are conditions. If you use Toyota for servicing no worries. If not then yes, if it goes wrong will cost you. ETTO

Not an evasive answer a pretty complete one...

We’re all pretty friendly and try to be helpful on here. Please don’t start getting snotty with people if you don’t like their answers. Being nice or injecting humour goes a long way

· Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
I do find it odd when people get funny when they don't get an answer they like or expect, I would check the history of the car and make sure it has the battery guarantee certificates which we get annually with the service or take car to dealer pay £35 or what ever it is now and get peace of mind that the battery is good. That's why people don't ask how much the battery is because we are covered by guarantee, but at least you did some research, should have asked them about if the car is covered

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OR a 100 thousand miles, which I have explained earlier. By the way: you are aware that you are only allowed to make a maximum of 6,666 miles per year to not exceed 100k miles in 15 years, aren’t you…?
And that it means that you are only allowed to make 555 miles a month and that if you are only using your car for commuting you cannot ne working further than 12 miles from your home?

· Registered
492 Posts
OR a 100 thousand miles, which I have explained earlier. By the way: you are aware that you are only allowed to make a maximum of 6,666 miles per year to not exceed 100k miles in 15 years, aren’t you…?
And that it means that you are only allowed to make 555 miles a month and that if you are only using your car for commuting you cannot ne working further than 12 miles from your home?
Don’t buy it then.

Were you planning on keeping it until it 2038 or past 100k?

Most In here are happy with it, just some small gripes here and there. Plenty of other cars available I’m sure that have different warranties.

· Registered
730 Posts
If 2100 for a new one is too expensive.. it is possible to get your HV battery repaired with warranty.

· Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
534 Posts
With my low annual mileage I'd reach the time limit before the mileage limit on the hybrid battery warranty.

It's a Toyota hybrid, I think the local Toyota main dealer would be the best place to get it serviced / maintained - added bonus of Relax warranty once the original 3 year manufacturer's warranty expires.

· Registered
333 Posts
It's the same system as Prius, came back in taxi from train station it had 162.000 on the clock guy is waiting on a new one in March built to last and this one was staying in the family. Again there's misgivings on all purchases be pair of shoes to a car so it's only the person buying who makes the choice.

· Registered
730 Posts
I have never seen any hybrid HV battery problems below 200k miles. So dont worry guys!
These Toyota people did their homework well.

And IF it ever give problems about 200k miles.. for 2000 bucks your free of problems for another 200k miles. Other non-hybrid cars consume that earlier for clutches and gearboxes.

Not to mention how much brakepads and discs they already consumed at 200k...

Reactions: Surrey C-HR
1 - 20 of 20 Posts