Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am thinking of buying a C-HR in Canada. Their is not many hills where I live but a couple of time a year I got to my home town north of Quebec City. Their is a lot of steep hills. One reviewer I saw said the North American version is terrible going up hills.

How's your experience going up hills?

Thank for your feedback.

Ecou

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
no problems here but then we dont really have any mountain type hills here in sussex

G

·
I have the hybrid. I live in southwest Scotland~ we have hills! It can be a bit of a struggle sometimes… the gearbox can find it tough. All a bit noisy. But it's not a "dealbreaker" for me.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Simongw have you tried sports mode for the hilly bits

G

·
ans said:
Simongw have you tried sports mode for the hilly bits
No. Never use it. Tried when I first got the car 11 months ago but not bothered since. Thanks for the thought, though. Might give it a try again. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the 1.2 T CVT and that rides well in the mountains especially in sports mode.
Due to the CVT, the C-HR always selects the right gear for the power demand, so that the full torque is always available.
Unlike the Hybrid, this is not accompanied by a lot of noise.
By manually switching downhill, he also brakes very well on the engine.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ecou said:
Hello,

I am thinking of buying a C-HR in Canada. Their is not many hills where I live but a couple of time a year I got to my home town north of Quebec City. Their is a lot of steep hills. One reviewer I saw said the North American version is terrible going up hills.

Thank for your feedback.

Ecou
Will depend also on what engine you have in Canada. The 2.0L engine is not sold in Europe.
Best way to find out is to make a test drive..

·
Registered
172 Posts
DutCHR said:
Ecou said:
Hello,

Thank for your feedback.

Ecou
Will depend also on what engine you have in Canada. The 2.0L engine is not sold in Europe.
Best way to find out is to make a test drive..
Aha, I had not seen that it was Canada, so there you have a point.

BTW, torque of 1.2 is better than 2.0, and more importantly, it is released at much lower revs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts