Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's and important topic.

What products do you guys use for cleaning inside and outside the car?

How do you wash the car? wich products do you use? A sponge?

Any recommendations?

Let's discuss proper ways for keeping this beauty, a beauty for a long time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Microfibre mitt. Microfiber towel. PH neutral shampoo and plenty of rinsing both before wash and after.
And then it will rain again... England!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Outside
Jetwash
snow foam
rinse
drip dry
clean microfibre for any water spots (there aren't many)
glass cloth for windows (which have a coating on them)

My car is ceramic coated so doesn't need much, this is the snow foam

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/magifoam-blue-pre-wash-snow-foam.html

Inside
Has been fabric protected
Vacuum
Flat screen cleaner for screen
glass cleaner sprayed on a microfibre for interior screen then plastics

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would strongly suggest you to NOT use glass cleaners on interior glossy plastic parts. They will fade pretty soon. Just use some wet microfiber cloth

·
Registered
641 Posts
Jet wash.
Autoglym grime/film remover.
Jet wash
Snow Foam (cherry).
Wiped down with micro fibre mits.
Jet washed.
Chamois dried.
Bilt Hamber Alloy Wheel cleaner.
Rinse wheels.
Autoglym Fast Glass.
Autoglym tyre shine. (every second wash)
Bilt Hamber Paste Wax. (every fourth wash)
Chrome polish for bumper protector and window trim.

For a special day ( and better weather) I have an Autoglym Clay bar and super resin polish to use.
Just not had the opportunity yet.

I must say it is the first car I have ever had that I actually enjoy cleaning. I know I know. Madness :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
EightSixteen said:
Two bucket method and microfiber or lambswool washmit. Never a sponge, it holds dirt on the surface and will dull (wreck) your topcoat.
Just out of interest - what is the two bucket method?

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
First One for washing then into the second for a rince then into the first again. wash rince repeat. You would be amazed how much grit gets onto your wash MIT . Try it

·
Registered
759 Posts
ans said:
First One for washing then into the second for a rince then into the first again. wash rince repeat. You would be amazed how much grit gets onto your wash MIT . Try it
I will rush out and buy a new bucket immediately!!

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
[/quote]

just make sure they have grit guards in the bottom

·
Registered
759 Posts
ans said:
just make sure they have grit guards in the bottom
[/quote]

Maybe I am being thick but I dont see the point of grit guards. Grit goes to the bottom of the bucket and stays there anyway (unless you wipe your sponge/mitt in it, which I don't).
Anyway, after seeing those vids I am cancelling the bucket order and buying more sponges and mitts!!!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
TheMasahiro said:
Well i just bought a hell lot of products for this baby. Wasted like 200 euros in quality products, but i think it deserves it!
I did the same to be honest. Spent a lot on cleaning stuff. But I see it as an investment :)

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
not my words but taken from a detailing site i buy my stuff from.
My quick thoughts; 2 buckets with grit guards and a good quality lambswool / noodle / microfibre wash mitt is unbeatable.

Only using 1 bucket means your wash water contains more contaminents.

If you don't use grit guards you will pick up some grit.

Cheap wash mitts of whichever variety are false economy and using one for every time you 'grab a handful of wash water won't improve things. They won't hold as much water and therefore won't provide as much lubricity between paintwork and mitt, there 's a very good chance that they'll marr your paintwork and they won't last anywhere near as long as a good quality, well cared for mitt.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I always blast with hose to soften or remove gritty deposits. Then start at top and finish at bottom. I never go back upwards with the first bucket. Finish with a chamois leather. Comes up almost as good as the previous polish.

The inside is so dusty from the roof liner and the floor carpet holds crap so well ive bought a new freind to help.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Leggera said:
I always blast with hose to soften or remove gritty deposits. Then start at top and finish at bottom. I never go back upwards with the first bucket. Finish with a chamois leather. Comes up almost as good as the previous polish.

The inside is so dusty from the roof liner and the floor carpet holds crap so well ive bought a new freind to help.

What the hell is Henry doing in your car :shock: I've told him a thousand times to stop jumping into other peoples cars, he's such a slut, willing to suck out the dirt of any car :roll: I am so sorry but could you please return him to his rightful owner :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
685 Posts
MerlyWerly said:
TheMasahiro said:
Well i just bought a hell lot of products for this baby. Wasted like 200 euros in quality products, but i think it deserves it!
I did the same to be honest. Spent a lot on cleaning stuff. But I see it as an investment :)
You have to see from another point... if you spend GBP 5 every week for carwash.. its 260 GBP each year!
The car is not really clean.. and you will get swirl scratches from it.

And... you really deserve a cold beer after a handwash :
Take a seat, put it about 5m from your C-HR, sit down, open a beer and enjoy both.. :mrgreen: :lol:

·
Registered
554 Posts
^^^^ It's such a shame there's no 'like' button on here :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts