Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya.

Spent some time today reading through the forums - Lots of good stuff
I've been bitten and have ordered 11th of this month - Car is due to Land in Australia around the 20th Next Month
Feels like ages - but less than some of you I see
Of course no real pic Yet - Will post in due course - but below is the Pic from dealers site
Its a Koba 2WD (in Tidal Blue) - which is top model here and the 1.2 turbo motor which is our only option
I'm really bummed we don't get that huge 8" touch screen you get
Instead we get an ageing 6.1" job with knobs
Can't wait !

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Steering part Motor vehicle Plant Vehicle Steering wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi and welcome, very interesting to see how the specs differ dependent on country, in the UK we call that colour Nebula Blue and that's what i've ordered so same as you. Mine is 1.8 hybrid and fortunately for me comes with 8" touchscreen.... mine arrives hopefully end of May, it's been on order since Jan 9th :)

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
hello and welcome, dont forget to post the pics when it arrives

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! Hope you enjoy it, I'm certainly enjoying mine :)

Again it's interesting the difference in specification from country to country, why would Toyota not offer the same spec everywhere?

Also wondering where Koba comes from, do other countries have names for the different model specs?

Or is it similar to Koala 🐨 😜

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi There

I guess it what Toyota Australia wants for the market - I'm still crying about that beautiful 8" touchscreen

The name they chose for the Top model comes from Hiroyuki Koba - The chief engineer who designed it

I am also wondering abut the prices you pay for vehicles

Yes the specs may vary a little - compare - http://www.ferntreegullytoyota.com.au/new-vehicles/c-hr/grades/

But the Koba is AUD $37650 "Drive away" - your "OTR" which is equivalent to 21983 GBP

Even the C-HR which sits somewhere in the middle of your offerings is AUD $ 33209 which is equivalent to 19390 GBP

I can't help but feel you are being ripped off :?

8" Touch screen can't be that much :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
GST (VAT) rate in Australia is 10% while in most of Europe it is around 20%. This makes a £2200 difference. Add to the equation JBL system and the difference should be minuscule.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi JulianoG

Thanks for that - Yes - 20% ! Ouch

and The JBL - which I have read about - see below - Dicked again.

Toyota is proud of the optional audio system, by JBL - although this unit won't be available on Australian models which will get a 6.1-inch screen, and is Europe-specific.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.