Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, so pleased I found this forum. I had a test drive in the Dynamic Hybrid yesterday, First time in an Automatic, first time in a Hybrid , first time in a 1.8 and first Toyota test drive!
I've got a few questions so off to hunt around the forum to see what everyone is saying about the car

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
hello and welcome ,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, I am so confused at the moment.
My heart was set on a cHR in Nebula blue, I went to the dealership and they can't get me one until end of April at least which is a pain because I'm on PCP and I have to tie things in together and that just won't work. so the only options were the Stream or Decuma.
I thought I had my mind set on the 1.8 Hybrid then started to question myself, should I get the 1.2 manual?
Then I've gone and done something I shouldn't today
I've gone and seen the Peugeot 3008- the body is boring but the cabin is great. Yet again I can't get the colour I want, this time for 12 weeks!

I ve decided I want the cHR body shape but the cockpit of the 3008!
Honest, my head is a shed...Toyota 1.2, Hybrid 1.8 or 1.2 Peugeot
Arggggggghhhhhh.
Buying new cars is stressful !

Did you all know what spec you wanted when you walked into the showroom

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
yep hybrid metal stream dynamic

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's good. I'm going back to Toyota today and ask to test drive the 1.2 manual but have a longer and maybe do my run to work in it to see how it copes on the horrible long hill I have to travel. Then do the same with the Hybrid and see what I prefer.
Everyone I know is saying avoid Peugeot at all costs😂 so I think that's out!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hello Tigragirl.

Well I went to the showroom wanting the manual turbo, because that is what I was used to. And I loved the handling of the C-HR, even though not a sports vehicle as such. However, I arranged for another day to test drive that with the hybrid, back to back, over my favourite B road route of about 15 miles. Whilst I had to get used to the way the hybrid drove, and there is plenty of info about that on here, I found that the roadholding was better on the hybrid, and I could take corners faster (may not be important to you). The heavy batteries of the hybrid help the centre of gravity, which is low for this type of vehicle, and that improvement in handling persuaded me to shell out for the hybrid. It was also far more relaxing to drive in town. And then there is "sport" mode. I am a convert to hybrids!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eagerly awaiting delivery date for Metal Stream Dynamic Hybrid, what sort of mpg are you getting in urban conditions, currently getting around 50mpg in my Auris Touring Sports. I guess the c-hr is a heavier car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts