Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Australia.

I am just about to get a CH-R Koba (which is roughly the equivalent of your dynamic) with the 1.2 (which is all you can get in Australia.)

I should be picking it up on Monday. Never had a toyota but the looks and quality of this car impressed me and the test drive blew me away.

Here is a picture of it at the dealers.

View attachment 264

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
hello and welcome to the club, that sure going to stand out.
please add you location to your user profile ,will make things easier later on .

·
Registered
380 Posts
Enjoy your new car!

I like your side mirrors, especially the indicator(lights).

They look better than the ones in Europe.
Can you take a close-up picture for me of the mirror and turnsignal?

Maybe they fit on the European model as well... I might order them from Australia :)

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah... The dealers were playing hardball on pretty much everything. I can usually get fleet pricing through the company I work for but Toyota would not budge in this case. The salesman said it was the first time he has ever seen an edict sent from head office about discounts.

The suspicion is because of the limited supply and large demand Toyota don't need to offer any discounts. There is already a 6 month plus waiting list in Perth and I suspect mine will be the first one on the road in Perth. On the day of my test drive most people at the dealership had come in to see the chr.

I managed to get all the accessories at cost. The side garnish was about $320 and the front ones around $190 for the lip and $130 for the fog lights.

It still needs the matte black wheels installed which get done on Monday.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's weird, here in Cyprus i managed to get the front fog light surrounds, front and rear underguard and the chrome boot protector for free.
Lucky me i guess

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to Australia

Australia has only been given 6000 of the chr for this year. This means that most dealers only have one or two to sell a month.

Demand is so high that they don't really have to do anything to sell their allotment. Certainly not give stuff away for free.

·
Registered
60 Posts
angoth said:
The suspicion is because of the limited supply and large demand Toyota don't need to offer any discounts. There is already a 6 month plus waiting list in Perth and I suspect mine will be the first one on the road in Perth.

It still needs the matte black wheels installed which get done on Monday.
Same story in Sydney. Most incoming stock are sold and a 6 month waiting list is the norm.

I saw my first Koba in the wild yesterday. White with a black roof and red garnishes. Very cool 😎

How much was it to swap the wheels?

·
Registered
60 Posts
LemonTwist said:
The waiting time in Japan is roughly 4 months.
This is the main reason why they didn't bother adding the Hybrid to the range in Australia as well. It doesn't sound like the demand we decrease for a while which means our supply will be limited until that happens.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.