Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've traded in my beloved GT86 to buy a C-HR Dynamic Metal Stream, pick it up first week in February. Very impressed on the test drive with the looks and drive of the C-HR, excited for delivery day now.

·
Super Moderator
1,899 Posts
hello and welcome to the forum, i can tell you now that you want be disappointed :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had the 86 for 4 years and it still makes me smile, agreed there isn't much I would have considered changing it for however the C-HR is a bit special. :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
Wow! We have also had an 86 for 4 years, and whilst we would not have traded that in for a C-HR, we feel our C-HR, due in March, will be a good companion. Very impressed with how the C-HR drives!!

I am sure any pain will be short-lived.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello from another ex GT86 owner. Picked up my C-HR today so it will be interesting to see how I get on. It was very hard to let the GT86 go but thought it was time for a change and the C-HR does look pretty special. (I've already found the "Sport" mode :) )

·
Registered
174 Posts
There is no button for Driving modes. To select the drive mode, perform operations on the multi-information display ==> "Settings" ==> "Drive Mode" ==> "Drive mode"
"SPORT" mode will be canceled automatically when the power switch is turned off.
"NORMAL" mode and "ECO" mode will not be canceled automatically until another drive mode is selected, even if the power switch is turned off.

●"NORMAL" mode Provides an optimal balance of fuel economy, quietness, and dynamic performance. Suitable for city driving.
●"SPORT" mode Controls the hybrid system to provide quick, smooth and quick acceleration. This mode also changes the steering feel, making it suitable for when agile driving response is desired, such as when driving on roads with many curves. When sport mode is selected, the "SPORT" indicator will illuminate on the multi-information display.
●"ECO" mode Helps the driver accelerate in an eco-friendly manner and improve fuel economy through moderate throttle characteristics and by controlling the operation of the air conditioning system (heating/cooling). When Eco mode is selected, the "ECO MODE" indicator will illuminate on the multi-information display. While the air conditioning is being used, the system automatically switches to air conditioning eco mode, allowing for driving that leads to even better fuel economy.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks for that. I did download the manual on toyotas website but it seemed to be for the us version or something.

I might have a tiny extra surprise when I get to drive it in sports mode then :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
I used to own a Prius which also had the 3 modes. I found that eco was best for town use and normla mode for open road use with sport mode when I needed a quick getaway like accelerating uphill on a motorway slip road.However switching between them was much easier (button by my knee). On the C-HR switching is much harder ( and dangerous if the car is moving).
So far I have run it for a week in normal mode and then switched to eco. I have found the eco mode is much quieter and smoother, but have not tried it on the open road yet.
Apart from the heater and steering changes changing modes basically alters the responsiveness of the accelerator. You can still accelerate hard in eco mode but it requires more right foot effort.
Alex

·
Registered
174 Posts
Driving in Eco-mode also changes the Climate control settings, which can then be changed back to normal from the "Fast/Eco" button on the left:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome mate. Really hope you have some awesome times in your new purchase.

It does seem odd not to include a button to change modes but I guess this is the sneaky way of keeping you in normal or eco modes.
Most people won't feel inclined or wanting to go into the settings each time they feel the need for sport mode.

Still. Everyone will need to use it at least once, right? 0_o

·
Registered
279 Posts
I wonder if I might be able to get the display into mode selection so that I only have bump one button when needed. Im sure I would just set it before leaving depending on my journey/mood though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The display stays where it was when you turn off, so you should be able to leave it there and just select sport mode when in the mood.

I prefer to have the digital speedometer displaying most of the time, but that is right next to the Driving Mode on the display and you can use the controls on the steering wheel so it's actually pretty easy to switch mode and then revert back with a couple of quick clicks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just showed this picture to a young relative she said the silver car looks like the orange car with muscles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.