Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Hello All

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Mark 
#1 ·
CHR - Decuma Grey Dynamic Arrives 1st March

#6 ·
Well it arrived on the 1st of March as promised, one slight problem very small crack in windscreen which was only noticeable in bright sunlight, thanks to Steven Eagle Toyota in St Albans who sorted it very quickly.
Said farewell to the Lexus Ct200H (boot too small and ride a little harsh, but 77K on the clock with no problems and average 51mpg I wont complain)
First impressions, seats and driving position very comfortable (I'm a 5'8" average guy), impressed with the leather and internal finish, piano black details seem to attract dust but there isn't too much of it, Love the gadgets and parking assist is just weird although I'm not sure how much I'll use it.
Today 1000 miles on the clock 55 mpg in and around London very impressive, might turn of lane assist as it beeps at me when I choose to cross the white line and its getting a little on my nerves. Adaptive cruise control works well even on the M25 in rush hour Touch to Go Sat Nav ok but previous Tom Tom go live was more up to date with traffic delays. Car gets lots of admiring looks and I get a few what is it? mouthed to me. I'll post pictures when I get it cleaned and its sunny!

#9 ·
Karmalakas said:
Mark said:
might turn of lane assist as it beeps at me when I choose to cross the white line and its getting a little on my nerves
Did you try switching on turn signals as you should? Then lane assist knows you're changing lanes and it shouldn't beep.
It's only on single track winding roads where I can see the road and choose to cross the white line for a better corner speed.

#10 ·
It's only on single track winding roads where I can see the road and choose to cross the white line for a better corner speed.
[/quote]

The C-HR is so capable on the twisties, which I travel on quite a lot. I did not mind the beeping, but found the steering feel stiffened which was not nice. Turned off and no more problems. :D

#11 ·
Subota Boy said:
The C-HR is so capable on the twisties, which I travel on quite a lot. I did not mind the beeping, but found the steering feel stiffened which was not nice. Turned off and no more problems. :D
[/quote]
Thanks I'll try it, I had noticed the little pull against me thought at first the tyres were following the ruts

#13 ·
Mark said:
Subota Boy said:
Thanks I'll try it, I had noticed the little pull against me thought at first the tyres were following the ruts
[/quote]

That is exactly what it feels like. I am sure it is very useful if you are tired on the motorway, to set you back into your lane, but with such good steering feel in normal use, it really spoils the experience in narrow roads where you may need all the steering feel available, when pushing on. ;)

#14 ·
Subota Boy said:
Mark said:
Subota Boy said:
That is exactly what it feels like. I am sure it is very useful if you are tired on the motorway, to set you back into your lane, but with such good steering feel in normal use, it really spoils the experience in narrow roads where you may need all the steering feel available, when pushing on. ;)
[/quote]
Now turn it off unless on Motorway much better :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.