Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my CHR Dynamic for about a year now it has only 3k miles on it

I'm not sure if I'm just paranoid but the heating to get warm inside the car takes about 10 minutes / 3 miles and the outside temperature is 8c in the driving mode normal not eco.

When I try to change the heating from fast to eco I hear the fans change speed but I don't see any visual queue that it has changed.

Does anybody else's heating take a long time to get any heat?

***side note. My boss pressured me into driving through deep water about up to the front registration plate and a car came the other way with wake ( I know it was stupid, my probation ended the next day so I felt a bit pressured to do what he said)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't think the cabin heating is one of the CHRs strong points.

Most certainly it seems that the blower fan has to be on quite high to maintain a comfortable heat throughout the car.

Our Corolla seemed much, much better in this respect.

The demisting of the front screen on the CHR seems quite good once the settings are sorted but the rear screen appears to clear slowly and in stages. I've heard of two-stage rear screens but could find nothing of that nature in the CHR handbook.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@jacquiandles

Thanks for reply. I'm not having any trouble with the cabin misting up it clears right easy. My worry is how long the car actually takes to heat up now and I'm wondering if anything electric could have got damaged from being in deep water :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
My CHR took approximately 10-14 min to heat up today with the temperature outside of -2 degrees.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 19 plate CHR 1.8 hybrid, the heating took 20 mins to heat up this morning at -1 and after half an hour the front window were still misted up.
Has been back to Toyota they said it was fine.
I have tried all buttons including the mist front screen heating with aircon it just seems unfit for purpose and is very disappointing, can anyone help please?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Something must be wrong with yours,
On mine, I just press the button to demist front window, as soon as I do that car does all on its own,
Turns on AC
Puts fans fo full speed
Never tried with - 1 temperature but sometimes 6 or 7 degrees,
It's fast taking like 1 minute, maybe not even that much
Does yours turn AC on when you press front demist button?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Same as [email protected] here.
This morning was cold. A 6-7C with realfeel 2. Humidity 80%. Cause Dublin.
AC on all the time. All vents open at maximum. Always.
Temperature was set at 23. It took a minute or so and all was good inside the car. No mist, no troubles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So this morning I had a frozen outside screen and a frozen solid inside of screen
Car heats up pretty quick but the ice was thick inside

Car has done 2k miles and is 6 weeks old

·
Registered
30 Posts
Frozen windscreen last night and condensation on the inside. Scraped outside of screen and gave about 5 minutes blast from screen demist before attempting to move , screen was still partly frosted and condensation was stubborn on upper part of screen. For a new car (1 year ) I thought this was pretty poor. I shall be carrying my karcher window vac from now on during winter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad it's not just me with this crappy heating and misting too.

If anybody gets any answers please let me know

·
Registered
441 Posts
Agree, heating and ventilation is pretty poor on C-HR. Many detailed car reports specify this.

I've had the misting/icing up on the inside of my screen this week. Took around 10 mins for car to clear it. Also find cabin doesn't warm up that quickly. Takes around 20 mins to get to a decent temperature.

I've asked dealer to book it in to investigate. Normally, condensation on inside screen signifies a water leak or damp inside of car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My car is going in for investigation of condensation/frost on inside of screen for the third time today. Would be interesting to hear what your guys find!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
70chr said:
My car is going in for investigation of condensation/frost on inside of screen for the third time today. Would be interesting to hear what your guys find!!
Key is that we don't get fobbed off with "new car seals are better now so it's normal". It's not.
HVAC system is quite poor on C-HR IMO. My Lexus CT had a pre-heat system - which assisted coolant warm up via exhaust system. Not sure if C-HR has it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same problem. It takes some minutes to heat up. I would have really appreciated extra vents for the back seat.
I tend to compensate the delay in heat with the seat warming

·
Registered
15 Posts
I managed to solve my issue.... told them to keep the car and got a RAV4 instead.
I went for the base model Icon which now it has apple car play means it has everything I need.
So much more refined than the CHR. Also doesn't have the damp cold feeling mine had.
Kept getting fobbed off saying it's because of a change in the weather. But then told they hadn't seen this issue before?! Surely if it was the weather all cars would do it!!!
Very happy with the Rav now but definitely something Toyota need to sort or deal with!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
New 2021 CHR purchased in July 20 that makes poor heat. Dealership has replaced thermostat and bled off air but still no resolve. All hoses have no pressure in them and neither does the reservoir. Fluid in reservoir is always cool as well the lower hose from radiator to thermostat housing plus this hose has no pressure either. Top hose on the right is hot but never to hot to hold and has no pressure in it. It then goes to a bleeder unit and from there to the radiator...it is always cool as well. Now I can't help but wonder if the engine had internal damage due to not being cooled right by not receiving coolant. I am 59 years old and this is the first new car I have ever owned. All the talk was get a Toyota and you'll never look back...well folks, I am certainly looking back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
70chr said:
Yes me too. Going back in to the dealership for the 5th time since bought new in July 2021.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You have to keep A/C on as much as possible. Also ensure you're not on Recirc.

Temp gauge drops quite quickly when in EV mode. This results in Cooler air through heating system. Most systems have what they call PTC heating - which pre-heats car via electric element in HVAC. Don't believe C-HR has this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Temp outside here today is 19 I've got climate control on LO dual and air con on 1 bar if it gets cold does the air con know this and adjust itself on a cold day or do I adjust the temp like I have done today ?

·
Registered
441 Posts
When in auto mode, it does it all itself. System will keep cabin at temperature you've set.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts