Toyota C-HR Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies. I can't help but notice that almost if not everyone went for the hybrid but car reviewers are saying the 1.2 is a better engine. Without a long test drive which doesn't seem possible I can't decide myself. I was allowed all of 5 - 10mins to test drive the hybrid in 30mph zones only and some of that was sat in traffic so aside from getting a feel of how quiet the engine was and how well the suspension coped with our pot holed roads I haven't actually got a clue as to what it would be like to live with. Granted I do spend most of my journeys in 30mph zones and sat in traffic but sometimes I get to reach 40mph or even *gasp* 50mph :cool: and where we live there's a few hills and mountainous speed bumps.

That 5 - 10 mins did make me realise how loud our modern diesel car is. I wasn't clear as to whether the battery would charge on short journeys e.g. to the shops or whether it needs long runs?

·
Registered
641 Posts
AVRC said:
Thanks everyone for the replies. I can't help but notice that almost if not everyone went for the hybrid but car reviewers are saying the 1.2 is a better engine. Without a long test drive which doesn't seem possible I can't decide myself. I was allowed all of 5 - 10mins to test drive the hybrid in 30mph zones only and some of that was sat in traffic so aside from getting a feel of how quiet the engine was and how well the suspension coped with our pot holed roads I haven't actually got a clue as to what it would be like to live with. Granted I do spend most of my journeys in 30mph zones and sat in traffic but sometimes I get to reach 40mph or even *gasp* 50mph :cool: and where we live there's a few hills and mountainous speed bumps.

That 5 - 10 mins did make me realise how loud our modern diesel car is. I wasn't clear as to whether the battery would charge on short journeys e.g. to the shops or whether it needs long runs?
I think your dealer was having a laugh with you. Go to PinkStones at Trentham lakes. They just gave me the keys told me to take as long as I needed.
The ONLY journeys I do are city ones through Stoke-on-Trent and the car charges just fine.

I would never take the 1.2 over the Hybrid if you are a city driver. Don't see the benefit tbh.
Now if you did a good mix of highway driving then that might be a different kettle of fish.

I notice you are in Staffs same as me. If you want to meet up and see what the Hybrid is like give me a shout.
Not that I'm saying you can drive it but you can certainly sit in and see what its like while I chauffeur :lol:

If fuel is your driving force then on a £40 tank I just did 405 miles driving literally from one side of the city to the other.
I could probably have gotten much more than that but that sport button was too tempting lol.

PM me if you want to chat :) :D :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
AVRC said:
Thank you for the replies, I'm feeling a little better now! If we decide to go for one we won't be ordering until the start of August assuming there's any left to have. The Toyota dealership in Stafford told me that they had an allotted amount to sell but they might be able to source one from one of their other dealerships if they'd used their allowance up.
Sorry I meant to reply to this too.
WRC Davies Toyota in Stafford weren't very good in my opinion.
I know it's a little bit further for you to drive but try PinkStones at Trentham lakes by the Britannia Stadium.
Friendly. Helpful. Nice coffee :) They have also been Toyota dealers for many many years and have a lot of experience.
They are also very passionate about the brand and the after sales care is outstanding.
Easier to park too! I used to go to WR Davies Citroen next door which shares the car park and it's a nightmare getting there and parking. Hated it.

I will shut up now :)

·
Super Moderator
1,894 Posts
sounds like you have been doing a lot of reading , im hybrid all the way, it does take a little bit of adjustment to driving style to get the best out of it but i love it

·
Registered
77 Posts
We bought the 1.2, as when we took the test drive, the hybrid seemed to work harder going up the hills and rev a lot harder, took both cars out on the same day and done the same journey, but I am sure if you choose either car, you would be happy, I still love the car, changed from a Mini Cooper SD roadster convertible, at first I thought the car might be under powered, a half the horse power, but it manages without any fuss from the engine, still dead we purchased the CHR, especially in black.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thank you for the offer MerlyWerly I was however brought up to never get into a car with a strange man. I'll let you know if it looks like we need an extended ride :) We had the one and only parking space at W R Davies but we've had the same problem at every dealership we've ever been to! With our local Skoda garage you have to park down the road and walk. The longest test drive I've ever had in a new car where I was the one driving was 20 mins and that was a booked appointment not me just turning up and asking for one. I've had longer test drives in 2nd hand cars. I'll query with them how others are having longer ones.

Big Al, we've got a Mini Countryman Cooper SD at the moment which I imagine is the same 2.0 143bhp/305nm you had in your Mini so I have the same concern about being under powered but realistically when I spend the majority of time at low speed I may as well have a peddle powered car. Even on journeys of a few hours at a time we rarely if at all a) see 60mph b) manage to overtake anything. The roads are so congested now and it's 30mph limits all over the place. When I pop down the Motorway to Ikea I'm lucky if I get to 50mph. So power just seems irrelevant to me now as long as I can get up hills without it sounding like I don't know how to drive. Have you ever found yourself missing the torque?

·
Registered
279 Posts
My anoyyance hasnt been the fault just the poor service from the dealer and lack of respect for paying customers.

I changed my service centre and am being taken more seriously with remidial action suposedly being put in place soon.

Google your dealer and dont give money to the ones with a bad reputation. Thats my main regret

·
Registered
280 Posts
The cracked windscreen was annoying but it was fixed promptly, no other faults. I have driven a Lexus Ct200 Hybrid for the past 4 years so I am used to the driving style and MPG was important as I hate filling up, i knew that it was a risk buying a brand new model but the styling was just too tempting, I can honestly say that I love this car

·
Registered
12 Posts
Startup of all systems takes a lot of time. Every time when starting authorize online systems, blue tooth, GPS still overly

·
Registered
681 Posts
Marc said:
Startup of all systems takes a lot of time. Every time when starting authorize online systems, blue tooth, GPS still overly
About 200 meter but I noticed there is a different between 3G or 4G. Before I only use 3G and it took a long time. Sinds a couple of day,s I use
4G and it is much faster.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.