Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I went to use my iPhone today and whilst my iPhone was paired up fine and music was playing the microphone on a call did nothing. I could here the other person but they couldn't hear me. Anyone else had this or is it just me?

Tried the following :-

- Re-paired the iPhone
- Rebooted the iPhone
- Made sure mute wasn't pressed, and pressed it to double check
- Stopped / Started the car
- Checked if there were any obvious settings for this on the iPhone

Any ideas appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well managed to get another iPhone running 14.5 to test and the same thing is happening on that :(

Does anyone know where the wiring goes for the microphone to check it's okay or aside from the microphone mute button is there any thing I could accidently have pressed to mute it?

Failing that I guess it's a Toyota booking to try and diagnose it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot about checking the voice commands and that didn't work either.

Found a YouTube clip that suggests disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes which "can" resolve things like this. Question is what should I be aware of after connecting the battery back up? Do I need a radio code? Will I have lost any settings?

Cheers

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's not a big deal to disconnect the battery. Dashboard will look like a Christmas tree for several minutes, but you don't need codes or anything else.
I would do some more steps before going that far.
- try an android phone. It may not solve the issue, but who knows.
- check ok Toyota site for a software update. If one is available do the upgrade. Instructions are on the site but you'll find some useful tips on this forum. Use a usb stick less than 32G. A 4G stick is minimum if updates contains maps. That will not get you into troubles with file system.
- really go to a dealer. Maybe they know the problem. If your car is still under warranty it should be free of charge.
- go to holidays for a week or so! My former 2018 car didn't run out of 12V battery, but my 2020 did. So maybe yours will also run out of juice and you'll have to jumpstart it. I'm kidding here!
And only none works you can try disconnecting 12V battery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well no joy with the battery so guess it'll be one for the dealer to look at. Car is still under warranty I guess and it's due a service soon so we shall see what they can find.

If I knew where the wires went I'd check that next but they'll no doubt be extremely well hidden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts