Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I was sitting in lots of traffic so thought I would use the handbrake button and noticed this:

When you sit stationery in traffic with your foot on the brake the display doesn't show any energy or engine power going to the wheels and sits their quite happy but if you pull the handbrake button up and release the brake pedal the rear off the car goes down as if its trying to pull you and it shows energy/engine driving the wheels.
seems it a bit odd that with the handbrake up it appears to be trying to drive the wheels

·
Registered
97 Posts
If its in "Drive" and you take your foot off the brake it will drive forward.
If you stop in traffic just use your foot brake pedal you don't need the hand brake.
I have never used the hand brake manually, it comes on automatically in "Park" mode.

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
as Karmalakas has said use the brake hold button works a treat

G

·
Last week I was travelling on the M3 when all the lanes came to a halt as the traffic was held up for some reason. When my car stopped the brake hold system came on as expected and it was held stationary. After several minutes a message was displayed on the dash relating to the brakes but it disappeared before I could read it properly. The parking brake was then operated automatically which I wasn't expecting!

Looking in the Owners Manual section on the brake hold function it says:

If the brake pedal is left released for a period of about 3 minutes after the
system has started holding the brake, the parking brake will be set automat-
ically. In this case, a warning buzzer sounds and a message is shown on the
multi-information display.

so I assume this is expected behaviour and not a fault with the system.

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
that caught me out as well the first time it happened as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.