Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to each & all of you. Have been reading the forum for several weeks now - ever since I saw a C-HR drive past me back in early February and thinking "Wow!, what a terrific looking car!". Having had my previous not-even-two-years-old car written off days earlier and in need of new wheels, I popped into my local Toyota dealer to take a look a the C-HR and sat in the showroom car. Went back a couple of days later for the booked test drive & was instantly impressed with everything about the car... but especially those gorgeous looks!

Anyway, I took delivery today of an 18-plate 1.2 turbo CVT Dynamic in Nebula blue with black roof. She sure looks stunning... even in the rain we're having today. I was due to pick her up on Friday just gone but the heavy snow in these parts put paid to that until today.

Early days yet of course with only 15-miles on the clock - but I will post more as & when. On the short drive home from the dealer I had two people stop & stare as I drove past them. The car is a real head turner - that's for sure.

I have a million buttons, bells & whistles to experiment with yet as the car comes with a whole host of features that I plan to get familiar with. Now all I need is a sunny day with which to take her on a long run & perhaps take a few pics to upload with nice backdrops.

Glad to have joined the forum and really looking forward to getting to know (and drive) the car in the coming weeks.

Cheers all :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you've got yours from Snows in Waterlooville I think I saw yours sat at the back of the dealers waiting to be collected when I popped up to sign the paperwork for my new C-HR the other day. I still have to wait until Wednesday to collect mine....

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
hello and welcome to the club

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PompeyN said:
If you've got yours from Snows in Waterlooville I think I saw yours sat at the back of the dealers waiting to be collected when I popped up to sign the paperwork for my new C-HR the other day. I still have to wait until Wednesday to collect mine....
Thanks for the welcome guys.

PompeyN ; yes, that would have been mine awaiting collection. I was supposed to pick it up on Friday, March 2nd but I didn't fancy picking up in all that snow - getting to the first junction/roundabout from the dealer's forecourt - and have someone rear-end me on the ice two minutes later! Because of that, I picked her up yesterday (March 5th). Funnily enough, I asked the dealer if he had sold many new C-HR's on the new 18-plate... and he said there was one other... getting picked up Wednesday. That'll be yours then! :cool:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PompeyN said:
Finally got my hands on mine yesterday- loving the ride even more so since I discovered how to put it into sport mode. Vroom!
Which version did you go for mate?

Only had mine 4-days now and I have to say it is a superb vehicle. I've had numerous cars over the many years of motoring - and for whatever reason - some just really thrill and enchant you. They don't have to be powerful... or even prestige/expensive - but some just make you smile every time you get in & out of them... just like the C-HR. The last car I owned that made me feel like that was a brand new DS3 that I owned when they first came out. And just like the C-HR - it's the quirky styling that just grabbed me!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Solent said:
PompeyN said:
Finally got my hands on mine yesterday- loving the ride even more so since I discovered how to put it into sport mode. Vroom!
Which version did you go for mate?

Only had mine 4-days now and I have to say it is a superb vehicle. I've had numerous cars over the many years of motoring - and for whatever reason - some just really thrill and enchant you. They don't have to be powerful... or even prestige/expensive - but some just make you smile every time you get in & out of them... just like the C-HR. The last car I owned that made me feel like that was a brand new DS3 that I owned when they first came out. And just like the C-HR - it's the quirky styling that just grabbed me!
Mine's a Decuma Grey Excel Hybrid. I test drove the same model and the mid range toys such as blind spot monitoring and all
round parking sensors were what got me to choose it. I also preferred the interior look (wasn't so keen on the blue dash, I preferred the silver on the Excel). I was torn though and the blue model you've gone for looks the business.

Agree about some cars just giving you that feeling, this is such a great looking motor that you can't fail to smile when walking up to it.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
PompeyN said:
Solent said:
PompeyN said:
Mine's a Decuma Grey Excel Hybrid. I test drove the same model and the mid range toys such as blind spot monitoring and all
round parking sensors were what got me to choose it. I also preferred the interior look (wasn't so keen on the blue dash, I preferred the silver on the Excel). I was torn though and the blue model you've gone for looks the business.

Agree about some cars just giving you that feeling, this is such a great looking motor that you can't fail to smile when walking up to it.

8BC17ACB-9539-4051-BE58-1933D9CE3698.jpegE7175479-0BC5-4E6D-9375-0E175DB5D0B7.jpeg
nice, I should be getting my Decuma Grey Excel in about 2 weeks, can't wait

1 - 12 of 12 Posts