Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Mark and I live in Northern Japan. I own the new C-HR Hybrid. It is a really Great handling vehicle.
I'd like to answer a few of the winter questions concerning, how the car handles in snow....
The most important thing is your tires... if you have just installed NEW tires.... you really should put 700km on them to break them in prior to hitting the icy snowy roads. You will find that the traction is most improved by doing so. (Wear off the newness). Second and also as important is your SPEED, no matter what you drive ICE is ICE and if your going too damn fast you will slip and slide, it's the nature of the beast.
Now for the parking sensors.... I too am experiencing the same faults.... mainly them being covered with ice and snow...need to keep them clean. I am going to try putting WD-40 on the sensors to repel the water. I will let you all know how that works out.
Happy New Year to All
Mark555

·
Registered
30 Posts
try 'Rainx' or similar fluid you normally put on your front windscreen.. nano -tech something. Havent tried on the sensors though but it makes a world of difference for the rear camera. (I use ít regularily on the front sceens on my other cars)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.