Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm trying to hard-wire my dashcam, and form previous threads I see there's a fusebox in the glovebox area of the car - can anyone tell me exactly where?? I'll be damned if I can find it!

Bending and crouching with broken ribs isn't fun at the best of times, let alone getting frustrated with not finding what I'm looking for....!

Thanks all :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Fitted a next base with a hardwire kit 2 weeks ago works perfect. I used the 15amp rear wiper fuse for the connection. It's important to use a fuse that's on the right side of the ignition.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers - There were a couple of threads here where people had used the 15A one on the bottom left, or the 10A dome light. I tried both, and neither worked.

What amp fuse are you using for the other slot on the piggy-back connection...?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,
Do all CHR’s have an internal fuse box? Because I’ll also trying to fit a dash cam and own a 2017 dynamic (RHD) and I can’t find an internal one anywhere! I’ve took the glovebox off and checked there with no luck, and I’ve also checked the drivers side. What am I missing?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Must have one as dealers are fitting dash cams to new cars all the time now
youd have thought so, but maybe this is why Halfords won’t fit hybrids? Bit strange how fuse boxes should be easily accessible and yet I can’t find one anywhere internally. Not in the usual areas anyway

·
Registered
350 Posts
Best place to find the fuse is to check the manual for your exact car.
There are small differences on how to access it, but it's shown on the manual.
Yes, there's a always on fire inside the car, among other fuses, where you can plug the camera if it's an always on model.

·
Registered
350 Posts
youd have thought so, but maybe this is why Halfords won’t fit hybrids? Bit strange how fuse boxes should be easily accessible and yet I can’t find one anywhere internally. Not in the usual areas anyway
It may be due to OBD port and hybrid is not something camera producers are supporting?
At least that I've been told 2y ago when I was looking for a camera.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts