Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just found this on Toyota eu web site but may ring the local dealer just to see what they know.
probably best just to wait and see
GGG66 PDC & R/SSC - Fuel Tank on TMMT C-HR Hybrid 17SMD-074 Owners of vehicles affected by this recall /special service campaign will receive a campaign notification by first class mail. Owners are requested to contact their local Toyota retailer / authorised repairer to arrange for the vehicle to be inspected and countermeasures applied where applicable. This recall / special service campaign will be performed by any Toyota retailer / authorised repairer at NO cost to the vehicle owner.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MerlyWerly said:
Does it detail what the issue is?
fuel tank but nothing specific , and my car is on the list

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
booked my chr excel in for a new Tank
and as they are at it they are refitting the chrome on my doors and boot as coming off 2nd time this is being done
and my first service at 10000 miles

·
Registered
521 Posts
Going past the dealers this afternoon so called in to ask and as john51 said they are going to change the fuel tank, they are going to put an order in for mine and will let me know when it's arrived. Got to be a time consuming job, still I bet the dealers are rubbing their hands as Toyota will be paying them full rate I'm sure. Just hope the car goes back together without any problems or annoying rattles afterwards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My c-hr dynamic hybrid went to dealers for faulty windscreen replacement today. Dealer called me to say my petrol tank had faulty moulding and they would need to keep car at least 6 weeks. They were not allowed to return car to me and arranging loan car - so must be serious fault

·
Registered
521 Posts
To be honest, I don't know, but I can't think of any reason why there would be a different fuel tank on any of the models

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
been told to wait for letter by dealer as they are still getting up to speed on what needs to be done

·
Registered
40 Posts
Something is rotten in the state of Toyota (C-HR territories)...... :|

First, The fragile Cracked windscreen, and Now the "Black Plastic Jerry can" (The fuel tank) issue. :roll:
These are not new sophisticated Hi-Tech advanced technology items!

What about Quality Control?
Nobody check Toyota supplier's product quality? :?:

·
Registered
380 Posts
The fuel tank has to be replaced because the thickness of the tank walls is not up to spec in some area's.

This according to my dealer.
Will go for windscreen and tank in one go.
Maybe the noisy weathersrips can be replaced too. No service bulletin for that one yet.

Picked up my car today after repears of an accident. It happend a month ago, had to wait for spare parts. Luckally I could still drive it, and had a replacement C-HR for 4 days. So everything was well organized.

·
Registered
130 Posts
diannehu said:
My c-hr dynamic hybrid went to dealers for faulty windscreen replacement today. Dealer called me to say my petrol tank had faulty moulding and they would need to keep car at least 6 weeks. They were not allowed to return car to me and arranging loan car - so must be serious fault
Six weeks?!?!?! That's crazy :(

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
diannehu said:
Dealer called me to say my petrol tank had faulty moulding and they would need to keep car at least 6 weeks. They were not allowed to return car to me and arranging loan car - so must be serious fault
I don't see why they need to keep the car at all - let alone for six weeks as this is a "voluntary" recall, which would seem to imply that although it needs fixing it is not a major safety issue.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts