Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have a 2018 CHR which hasn't been driven for 6 days. I have gone to go to the shop today to find key fob does not work. And neither does the manual key. Any ideas on how to access vehicle without causing damage so I can charge it. I am staggered that battery has gone flat from 6 days of no use.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's unusual. When my battery went flat I could still open the door remotely. Try using the spare key just in case it's the battery in the key

·
Registered
152 Posts
What do you mean by manual key?
As a last resource remove the blade from key and open it with the blade as you would in any older car,
Get in, see if it starts OK,
Usually car is setup to keep searching for the key up to 5 days, after that you have to press the buttons to open it, if buttons on remote don't work its either remote battery or car battery who have gone flat.
IF dash lights up but no start try to touch the start button with the remote key.
Hope it helps

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you can get in with the blade, holding the key against the start button should allow it to start (if the flat battery is in the key, not the car itself). Running a 2018 model myself, and even after sitting still for a week or 2, it starts just fine (no alarm system though...)

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you can get in with the blade, holding the key against the start button should allow it to start (if the flat battery is in the key, not the car itself). Running a 2018 model myself, and even after sitting still for a week or 2, it starts just fine (no alarm system though...)
For me, the blade key doesn't work either. I can't get into my car. Any hints on how to get in if the manual blade and the normal fob don't work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts