Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have the first service next week. (15000 km)

A few questions:

1) What are they going to replace? (engine oil, filters, etc)

2) How can I learn whether is there any software update available for my car or any part that is faulty and must be replaced?

3) Is it possible to ask them to make the car auto lock the doors whenever I start a trip?

4) Is it possible for them to enable a feature to close any open windows whenever I lock the car with the remote key?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
3 and 4 - No
4 - You can ask to enable all windows closing/opening via remote
Well... 3 - possible to ask, but not possible to enable :) There is a forum member who enabled it, but it involves custom programming and stuff :)

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Ron3005 said:
They should do number 4 for you
Really? Automatically close windows after car is locked? AFAIK the closest thing to that, is closing/opening all 4 windows simultaneously using a remote and holding a button until action is complete.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Karmalakas said:
Ron3005 said:
They should do number 4 for you
Really? Automatically close windows after car is locked? AFAIK the closest thing to that, is closing/opening all 4 windows simultaneously using a remote and holding a button until action is complete.
You both talking about the same
4) Is it possible for them to enable a feature to close any open windows whenever I lock the car with the remote key?
And nobody talks about Automatically close windows after the car is locked.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
holyhead said:
Ah.. I see what you mean now :D
How do you understand each of the questions?
  • Is it possible to close windows whenever I lock the car with the remote key?
  • Is it possible to close windows with the remote key whenever I lock the car?

I understood it as "if it's possible to close all windows when the car is [locked using a remote]", and not as "if it's possible to [close all windows using a remote] when a car is locked" :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dr_Michael said:
I am going to have the first service next week. (15000 km)

A few questions:

1) What are they going to replace? (engine oil, filters, etc)

2) How can I learn whether is there any software update available for my car or any part that is faulty and must be replaced?
Noone?

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Do you have a hybrid or a 1.2T? Completely out of curiosity. After your oil change, can you let us know what oil the dealer used?
As far as I know no dealer in Greece uses the Toyota genuine 0W 20 engine oil that the manual recommends.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Because this is what the car comes with from the factory as it achieves the best fuel economy with it and because as you can see from the oil chart in the manual it has the best temperature coverage from cold engine start up to the max temperature. To me it is the clear choice of oil to use and Toyota genuine motor oil 0W 20 also happens to be one of the best oils in this grade. You can look this up in engine oil forums where you will find the results of oil analysis comparing it to other 0W 20 oils. I am not aware of any impressive oil analysis results for other Toyota oils such as 5W 30 or 10W 40 and i am not sure that dealers in Greece use Toyota genuine oil anyway which makes things even more uncertain as you leave the dealer not knowing what oil your car is using.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Toyota don't make oil last time I looked, they get someone else to make or bottle it, it used to be Mobil 1.

Also Toyota don't set oil specs, so any oil that meets the same specs, should (to my mind at least) perform in the same way.

·
Registered
163 Posts
MarkyMUK said:
Toyota don't make oil last time I looked, they get someone else to make or bottle it, it used to be Mobil 1.

Also Toyota don't set oil specs, so any oil that meets the same specs, should (to my mind at least) perform in the same way.
Not really. Yes I also read that they use ExxonMobil (At least in the US) but they provide their own specs which is why their oil is different than Mobil 1 0w 20 or anything else. If it was the same it would perform equally in oil analysis tests. We know for a fact it doesn't.
Here is Toyota's European version API SN 0w 20 : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-5-Litre-Toyota-Hybrid-0W20-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-08880-83265-/350978401639.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.