Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first MOT is due mid February and I'm wondering how others have got on with their first MOT? Ideally looking to hear what advisories came up or reasons for failure.

I'm hoping people will tell me their CHR sailed through the first MOT but if it hasn't then this thread would be a great place to collate what exactly has went wrong.

Cheers,

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
nothing went straight through ,only advised to have fuel additive which i turned down.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sailed through. Had advisory on front tyres being at 2.5m (after 28000 miles) so am planning to replace them with Primacy 4s

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had the first MOT last Tuesday at 14,000 miles. Passed but with a note that front nearside tyre was at 4.0mm.
The offside front was at 5.0mm and the two rears 6.0mm.
Had a small moan about a noisy windscreen wiper and they changed it without question; fine at the moment.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just advisory on front tyres bk in April. Replaced now with primacy 4s

·
Registered
792 Posts
Walt said:
..errrr. How come you had an MOT last April? The first CHR's weren't on the road until Dec 2016,

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think some people here think MOT is the first maintenance,
MOT is an inspection they do to the vehicle to certify its safe to ride on public roads.
I don't think they change wipers in MOT,
Just saying as I lived in UK for a couple of years but don't know how many years since you buy a new car you go to first MOT in UK.
In Portugal, when you buy new,
1st time is 4 years after registration
2nd 6 years after reg.
3rd 8 years after reg.
After the car is 8 years old goes once a year every year.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Alexr said:
Walt said:
..errrr. How come you had an MOT last April? The first CHR's weren't on the road until Dec 2016,

Lol didn't mention mot. .was a safety check I had done before going on holiday.lol. free with my service contract.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Walt said:
Alexr said:
Walt said:

Lol didn't mention mot. .was a safety check I had done before going on holiday.lol. free with my service contract.
Lol. Did you not notice the title of the thread?!! Lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really encouraging replies. Were any of these successful MOT's passed by the dealer or were they all from independent garages?

I'm trying to gauge how much trust I should be placing in my local Toyota dealership for the first MOT.

·
Registered
792 Posts
EightSixteen said:
Really encouraging replies. Were any of these successful MOT's passed by the dealer or were they all from independent garages?

I'm trying to gauge how much trust I should be placing in my local Toyota dealership for the first MOT.
Toyota dealer in my case. No issus.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Happy to say that my car sailed through its MOT at a Toyota/Arnold Clark dealership. It's done 22k and all its had in terms of maintenance is annual servicing at the dealer and a new set of front tyres.

I'm pretty chuffed. One of the reasons I chose Toyota was their top 3 reliability ranking by 'Which' (in 2017) and so far it's been a good decision.

·
Registered
30 Posts
First MOT booked. Going to Halfords. They charge £39.99 and if you join their free motoring club you get £10 off the MOT so it comes out at £29.99. Toyota weren't interested in price matching and wanted £55.

·
Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
288 Posts
First MOT booked. Going to Halfords. They charge £39.99 and if you join their free motoring club you get £10 off the MOT so it comes out at £29.99. Toyota weren't interested in price matching and wanted £55.
DVSA maximum fee for a MOT test for a C-HR ( car ) would be £54.85.

Other testing stations that offer cheaper MOT test's normally will find extra work to then upsell to the customer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts