Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the launch of the new Auris at the Geneva show, I was glad to hear that it comes with two hybrid power trains, the 122hp 1.8 that we have, and a 2 litre 180hp, that will be available across some of the model range. I do hope this will (and i am sure it will) include the C-HR, and I will be knocking at Toyota's door, especially if there is a yellow one! :D

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
i have been thinking of changing the merc so a 2ltr would be nice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
CJS1 said:
2 litre and 180 bhp sounds good. That's the one thing that it lacks now, a bit of oomph !!!
I think I'll reserve judgement on the yellow option ..... until seen in the flesh !! :cool:
The yellow one looks very nice indeed I think - as does the metallic aqua green. You can buy these two colours in New Zealand & Australia... but not the UK. I'm more than happy with my Nebula Blue Dynamic - but I may well have gone for one of these two if I had had the option:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Got to agree a little bit more power would be perfect.
As for the yellow colour I've recently come back from Australia and parked outside our first hotel was a bright yellow CHR with a black contrasting roof,and to quote my wife "it looks stunning!"

·
Registered
554 Posts
Squadrone Rosso said:
That genuinely interests us. Introduce it to the C-HR, improve the steering & handling and we'd be in that queue!

Would give the C-HR go to match the show :)
What pray tell is wrong with the steering and handling?

Ask as I've had both the RAV4, and Auris hybrid's on hire over the last month and have to say that the C-HR is head and shoulders above both, it's almost on par with my Jaguar XK and if you look at a previous thread of the C-HR weaving between cones at speed it got a very good report :)

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Well, the handling isn't so good on a slippery (wet) road with default tyres C-HR came. But also I've driven a rental Kia Sportage (2015 I think) and after the C-HR Kia was really much worse. Not terrible, but definitely worse handling.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was the steering and handling that attracted us to C-HR, and we are both used to driving low sports cars. It has a good low centre of gravity for such a car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts