Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My partner and I picked up our CH-R Excel in September 2017 and in the last 3 months the noise coming from the driver's side window has been really loud. We measured it on a dB meter at 80dB at 70mph. I have read on here already about a few others having the wind noise and that there is a TSB out on the car I checked on the toyota-eu website with my VIN number and it came up with BO-0067T-0717 the one mentioned before. It's got to the point that if I am on the motorway I don't make bluetooth phone calls because the background noise is too much for the person on the other end of the phone to hear me properly!!

The problem is I took it to my dealer in December 2017, and they had no idea about this problem and I gave them the TSB number and they said they couldn't find it. The technician drove around my car and said it didn't sound noisy, he then took one of their CH-R's out and said the noise level was the same. I wasn't satisfied they drove at over 60mph which is when the noise really kicks in, so I have it booked in today to go drive round with them in my car and their car and see if the noise is there and to try and get them to do something about it.

What I wanted to know was has anyone from the UK had the noise issue and got their dealer to replace the seals like it suggests on the TSB? I can't find anyone on the previous posts who seemed to be in the UK that had the issue and my dealership just seem to think I am making it up!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Shame on your dealer, the bulletin number you have is correct and it exists on the "Techdoc3" system we use to access this sort of info:

Subject: Wind noise from A-pillar area

Models: C-HR

Model codes: NGX10; NGX50; ZGX10; ZYX10

DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON: Some customers may experience and report a wind noise coming from the area around the A-pillar and/or
outside mirror.

PRODUCTION CHANGE: Shape of the "Weatherstrip, Front Door" has been changed.

PRODUCTION CHANGE INFORMATION: July 17 - VIN #R069663

Are the last 6 digits of your chassis higher or lower than above? Lower is pre counter measure and this bulletin applies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has Dunlop tires and the humming noise is very loud if you inflate them under 35PSI and drive past 65 MPH. Check on that, as when I picked up the car, I have forced the dealer to replace the whole set of tires. They put another set from another C-HR on the lot and the noise became much less heavy. I can say that everyone with Dunlop tires will have this problem more or less. I can't wait for them to wear off and put the Bridgestone Ecopia, but only have 1k miles so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts