Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Electric powered tailgate for C-HR

18K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  lindavy65 
#1 ·
Came across this video. Like it! :cool:

Reactions: Bater
#4 ·
Never have read the C-HR would have a automatic powered tailgate.

Price is 399 US Dollar. Thats the price without shipping, customs and installation.
According to the seller its all plug-and-play.. no cutting or drilling required.
Bit expensive but would be awesome update on a C-HR :cool:

#13 ·
Hi L1hld
1. Yes, i have to drill below of the poles for pole wires and the tailgate close button. (Check pictures)
Thats was easy and there come drill bit to for the packet.

2.yes it fit and the illumination light is same colour than other button lights. It's look like orginal

3. Yes if you push the olen door button 3 times it's open or close.

Hope this help.

L1hld said:
Hi
Thinking of buying one
Could you answer 3 questions please
1 do you have to drill any bodywork
2 does the interior switch fit in existing switch panel
3 does it operate from original key remote
Thanks

Attachments

#18 ·
I'd love to get this fitted to my UK ch-hr. Two things - I'm not confident fitting it myself, so has anybody bought the kit and had it fitted by somebody with know-how?
I'm also guessing that Toyota dealers won't do it as it's not official Toyota parts. Does fitting one invalidate your warranty?

#19 ·
I'd love to get this fitted to my UK ch-hr. Two things - I'm not confident fitting it myself, so has anybody bought the kit and had it fitted by somebody with know-how?
I'm also guessing that Toyota dealers won't do it as it's not official Toyota parts. Does fitting one invalidate your warranty?
Have fitted my electric boot open said fit in 2 hours took me 3 days

#20 ·
Same here, its for 99% plug-and-play (only 1 wire needs to be connected) but still a lot of work. No drilling needed.
Mine is from Autoease.com and works like a charm. They have good technical support too.

If you cannot install yourself.. count on a 1000 at least for the kit and installation at a local installer.

#22 ·
Yes. The maximum height is programmable. Made by Chinese so.. otherwise they cant reach the button. :ROFLMAO: