Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver side wing mirror has stopped folding when the car is locked. Doesn’t work when I manually try to do it either. Near side mirror still works fine.
Every other feature of the mirror still works. Just doesn’t fold.
Could it be a blown fuse and if so which one is it?

Cheers

· Registered
147 Posts
The driver side wing mirror has stopped folding when the car is locked. Doesn’t work when I manually try to do it either. Near side mirror still works fine.
Every other feature of the mirror still works. Just doesn’t fold.
Could it be a blown fuse and if so which one is it?

Cheers
Pretty certain they are not fused separately.

If car serviced by Toyota you should have warranty

· Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
You could try folding it in by hand and see if its jumped the gear but if there is resistance then take it yo dealer

· Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
534 Posts
These folding mirrors work by sensing the end stop positions via a little circuit board inside that senses current rise through the folding motor & then cutting the power.

If the mirror folding action is stiff this can fool the circuit board in to thinking the mirror is at a stop position which in turn disconnects the power to the little motor that does the folding.

A suitable lubricant applied inside the pivot point via a aerosol with a straw should help.

I need to lubricate my driver's side one as sometimes it won't fold.

· Registered
1 Posts
These folding mirrors work by sensing the end stop positions via a little circuit board inside that senses current rise through the folding motor & then cutting the power.

If the mirror folding action is stiff this can fool the circuit board in to thinking the mirror is at a stop position which in turn disconnects the power to the little motor that does the folding.

A suitable lubricant applied inside the pivot point via a aerosol with a straw should help.

I need to lubricate my driver's side one as sometimes it won't fold.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try to lubricate the driver's side too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts