Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help.

I have just download the new map update from my Toyota but it keeps saying the file is too large for the destination system.

The update is about 6g my USB is 8g and also a 16g USB. I have tried to download direct to the USB's and comes with the same message. I have download the file to my PC ok but when I tried to transfer the file to the USB I get the same message.

What l am l doing wrong.?

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
What free storage capacity does your USB properties show? Try formatting it.
If that does not help, could it be you purchased it from unknown dealer and it's a Chinese fake? :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Karmalakas said:
What free storage capacity does your USB properties show? Try formatting it.
If that does not help, could it be you purchased it from unknown dealer and it's a Chinese fake? :)
There is nothing on the USB sticks and l have formatted them and they are the correct properties which are show on the Toyota website. Brought the USB sticks from pc world one 8g and one 16g won't save on both shows error The file 'PR6.8.2H' is too large for the destination file system. .

·
Registered
544 Posts
You have probably formatted the sticks as FAT32 which has a 4GB file limit. Try formatting as NTFS.

·
Registered
760 Posts
No Fat32 is right. Dont download to stick, download to your pc. Then open up the downloaded zip file and expand it to your pc. Then copy the expanded file set onto the stick and take it to the car. I tried downloading to the stick and it failed (stick full at 4gb). I tried expanding it directly to the stick and it produced corrupted rubbish. But the above worked for me.

·
Registered
544 Posts
@alexr thanks for correcting me I was curing the symptom not the cause. I had completely forgotten the file needed unzipping.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Alexr & Gary

Tried formatting the USB to NTFS it did download onto the USB but the car didn't recognise the USB when plugged in. Now changed back to Fat32 and l have expanded the zip file on my pc and copying the expanded files to the USB. Will update when it has worked fingers crossed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm also having problems updating to 6.8.2H I've downloaded file to a PC and unzipped to a FAT32 8Gb USB stick
On trying to update on screen display displays ' Software Update' with a message 'Oops, Your authentication failed.'

·
Registered
641 Posts
There is little auth code file that is within the zip.
Are you sure you copied the entire expanded file set from your PC to the stick?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
njr001 said:
I'm also having problems updating to 6.8.2H I've downloaded file to a PC and unzipped to a FAT32 8Gb USB stick
On trying to update on screen display displays ' Software Update' with a message 'Oops, Your authentication failed.'
I had a lot of problems updating but it was the first time l tried doing it.

Make sure you copy all the files once you have unzipped the file. I made the mistake of missing one and it didn't work.

Also when l put the USB in the car it took a long time for it to recognise the USB and start the update.

·
Registered
760 Posts
njr001 said:
I had that when I expanded the zip file directly onto the usb stick. Try expandning it onto tbe pc and then copying the files onto the stick.

·
Registered
760 Posts
buhica said:
Sorry for asking, is the update only for Touch with navi or it can be also upgraded in version without navi?
I think it is a navi map upgrade so would not expect it to help if no navi.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
I also got an authorisation code when I download my files but didn't have to enter it. sounds as if your download may be corrupt. Try downloading again. Format stick and try again.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Jeff said:
Does anyone knows if you can update the multimedia/nav system while driving?
Yes you can do that,

·
Registered
444 Posts
Tips.
1. When update zip file is extracted you will find an activationCode.xml. Edit it with notepad and enter your code to the highlighted part. You won't be asked for the code again. Update will go straight forward.

2. Do not update full Europe maps. Choose only the countries that you need. Your multimedia system will be much more responsive and faster.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I did the update last night, the system indicated that it would take 15 minutes, and it took circa 40 minutes, I liked being able to select only UK maps (it's a company car and never likely to leave the UK) but the biggest bonus of being stuck looking at the dash for 40 minutes sat on the drive was that having nothing else to look at I read the owners manual and discovered the ability to preset specific destinations for specific times on specific days. So for example preset "work" between 06:30 - 09:00 Mon-Fri and "home" again preset later on the same days without me really having to get involved.

I like a gadget I do :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts