Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I know DAB reception is a known design flaw, and I've seen reports of dealers fitting filters to the aerial integrated into the windscreen/camera area.

I'm pretty handy with stuff like this, I presume it's just a cheap ferrite clip from Amazon, seems like the sort of thing that would be easy to DIY. Wondering if anyone has tried it, or knows how easy it is to access the electronics of the aerial and camera module?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think you have misunderstood the issue, adding ferrite cores to aerial lead will not have any effect, in fact it will reduce aerial signal strength. The use of a ferrite core is in the power supply cable to a front dash cam in order to try to surpress emf noise from dashcam and power lead. I have done this to my nextbase camera and it does improve DAB reception slightly but the front end of the radio (i.e. its sensitivity) is not the best.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I’m afraid DAB reception is pretty poor on most Toyota’s.

·
Registered
755 Posts
It was pretty poor on my 1st CHR, but is pretty good on the latest model. I believe they switch the aerial from the window to the fin on the roof.

·
Registered
441 Posts
That would help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts